ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - Financial Requirement - Question 7.1

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

violentvinyl
Newly Registered

FLR(M) - Financial Requirement - Question 7.1

Post by violentvinyl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Hello All,

Regarding question 7.1:

Are you or your sponsor in receipt of a benefit listed within the guidance notes? If you claim to be exempt from meeting
the financial requirement you must submit the relevant evidence, as specified, of your eligibility to be exempt.

I've checked the guidance form, and I don't see a list of benefits that would give me an idea of how to answer this question.

Thanks in advance!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) - Financial Requirement - Question 7.1

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:09 pm

violentvinyl wrote:I've checked the guidance form, and I don't see a list of benefits
It's a hyperlink at the top of page 6 (falling under para 21). Basically the benefits that make you exempt from the financial requirement are:

Disability Living Allowance.
Severe Disablement Allowance.
Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
Attendance Allowance

violentvinyl
Newly Registered

Post by violentvinyl » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did see that link, and the related list, but it seemed a bit too vague with regards to the question.

So if my wife recieves Disability Living Allowance for her son, then I'm exempt from the financial requirement and should fill out 7C instead of 7B? Is the amount of the DLA relevant?

I'm able to meet the financial requirement, so I'm not terribly concerned either way, I just want to make sure I fill this out correctly. Is there any harm if I fill out both sections (7B and 7C) and add a note specifying why I answered question 7.1 the way I did?