ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New MN1 Application form Dec 2012 - Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crazyvish

New MN1 Application form Dec 2012 - Questions

Post by crazyvish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:54 am

1.3 Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should ensure that they qualify for permanent residence.
Child has indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. Date granted DD/MM/YYYY
I don't remember seeing this question in the old form (Apr 2010). There is no option to say 'YES' or 'NO' to whether my child has ILR or not under this question in the new form.

My child hasn't got an ILR (she is on tier1 dependant). I am applying for ILR for myself and my spouse in 2 days time and when granted will be applying by daughter's MN1 registration. So, should I enter my ILR granted date in section 1.3?

I feel the old form has more meaningful or less questions to worry about and is more straight forward.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:48 pm

The question in the form is not new.

Your question was already asked here before - see Q1.3 - If and when.

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:06 pm

@Jambo, thanks very much for your response and apologies for my ignorance. I just happened to see the old form and Yes the question was in the old form too.

I am now going to find out what are the major differences between the forms and use whichever is easier - before 3rd Jan.