ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application on 20/12- Liverpool- urgent help in filling

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HSMP_MBA_provision
Newly Registered

ILR application on 20/12- Liverpool- urgent help in filling

Post by HSMP_MBA_provision » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi friends,

It is time to apply for my ILR after completing 5 years on HSMP/Tier 1 under MBA provision. I need some help in completing the version 12 of Set-O form. My appointment is on 20th of December so will appreciate if you could help me in answering the below questions.

1-Section 3- Should I select Tier 1 General immigrant from section A or Highly skilled migrant from section B. I was given 2 year HSMP in 2007 and then I extended for three years under Tier-1 general so not sure which one to select.

2-In 6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This
refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning
of the period of stay on which this application is based.

I switched from student visa to HSMP in 2008 inside the country. I came in UK in 2003 as student. To answer this questions, which date I need to enter.

Is it date of my original entry clearance as student - 2003
Or Date of HSMP approval letter- Dec 2007
Or HSMP stamp date- Jan 2008?

3- Section- 6.2

I have only around 30 holidays in 5 years taken as paid and unpaid holidays. Do i need to provide the letter from employers (I have changed jobs and cannot get such letter anyway). Do not think I need this letter or any explanation as my holidays are within limit but just want to get your opinion.

Thank you very much for your response. Sorry for the long questions and typing mistakes.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:01 pm

1) Section 3, A (Very First Option).

2) From the date you started living in the U.K. on HSMP visa.

3) No Letter needed(less than 180 days of holidays).
Last edited by Spidery_thread on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:19 pm

As far as I understand for 2nd it should be Jan 2008

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:24 pm

The answer is in the question.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR application on 20/12- Liverpool- urgent help in fill

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:49 pm

HSMP_MBA_provision wrote:1-Section 3- Should I select Tier 1 General immigrant from section A or Highly skilled migrant from section B. I was given 2 year HSMP in 2007 and then I extended for three years under Tier-1 general so not sure which one to select.

I switched from student visa to HSMP in 2008 inside the country. I came in UK in 2003 as student. To answer this questions, which date I need to enter.

3- Section- 6.2

I have only around 30 holidays in 5 years taken as paid and unpaid holidays. Do i need to provide the letter from employers (I have changed jobs and cannot get such letter anyway). Do not think I need this letter or any explanation as my holidays are within limit but just want to get your opinion.
1) Select Tier 1 General immigrant from section A
2) HSMP stamp date- Jan 2008
3) Employer letter(s) not required to confirm absences as you are applying as a Tier 1 General Migrant.

HSMP_MBA_provision
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_MBA_provision » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
HSMP_MBA_provision wrote:1-Section 3- Should I select Tier 1 General immigrant from section A or Highly skilled migrant from section B. I was given 2 year HSMP in 2007 and then I extended for three years under Tier-1 general so not sure which one to select.

3- Section- 6.2

3) Employer letter(s) not required to confirm absences as you are applying as a Tier 1 General Migrant.

Thanks All for the quick replies. Really appreciate. I think majority opinion on second question is Jan08 so I shall go with that.

I have an other quick question. On the last page the list of documents includes the photocopies of passports. My question is do I have to photocopy only bio data pages or all pages of the passport. I have four passports including the expired one. It will be more than 150 pages if I photo copy all pages.

Is there any other docs I need to make photocopy like bankstaments and payslips?

Regards.

HSMP_MBA_provision
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_MBA_provision » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:27 pm

HSMP_MBA_provision wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:

3- Section- 6.2

Thanks All for the quick replies. Really appreciate. I think majority opinion on second question is Jan08 so I shall go with that.

I have an other quick question. On the last page the list of documents includes the photocopies of passports. My question is do I have to photocopy only bio data pages or all pages of the passport. I have four passports including the expired one. It will be more than 150 pages if I photo copy all pages.

Is there any other docs I need to make photocopy like bankstaments and payslips?

Regards.

Any reply on my query on photocopies plz. Thx

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:38 pm

HSMP_MBA_provision wrote:I have an other quick question. On the last page the list of documents includes the photocopies of passports. My question is do I have to photocopy only bio data pages or all pages of the passport. I have four passports including the expired one. It will be more than 150 pages if I photo copy all pages.

Photocopy only pages where you have immigration stamps, visa vignettes & personal information (E.g. Photopage). Unused pages need not be photocopied.

As far as I can recall the SET(O) guidance states that you should photocopy all documents submitted with your application - please verify this yourself in the new version. As far as the SET(O) form goes, you only need to photocopy it if you wan to keep a copy for yourself for reference purposes.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:41 pm

@HSMP_MBA_provision,

No where in the document list of form SET(O) version 12/12 it is mentioned to provide photocopies.

Where did you get this from?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:57 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:@HSMP_MBA_provision,

No where in the document list of form SET(O) version 12/12 it is mentioned to provide photocopies.

Set O Guidance. Yes, there is a separate document by that name, which is essential reading material.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:02 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

Set O Guidance. Yes, there is a separate document by that name, which is essential reading material.
Lazy Buggers...........They want us to supply photocopies?????
In addition to £991 of application fee....what a nonsense?

"All supporting evidence must be in the form
of original documents. In addition you should provide
photocopies of each of these documents including
any pages of your passport(s) that contain personal
details, visas or immigration stamps (foreign or UK)
"

Only the pages with information and visas.(not blank pages).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Page 4, No. 10

HSMP_MBA_provision
Newly Registered

Post by HSMP_MBA_provision » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:

Lazy Buggers...........They want us to supply photocopies?????
In addition to £991 of application fee....what a nonsense?

"All supporting evidence must be in the form
of original documents. In addition you should provide
photocopies of each of these documents including
any pages of your passport(s) that contain personal
details, visas or immigration stamps (foreign or UK)
"

Only the pages with information and visas.(not blank pages).

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Page 4, No. 10
Thanks a million Spidery and others(sorry typing on mobile, difficult to see the names)
I had several extentions in past but never had to provide any photocopies. Now it is ...

Anyway thanks, I shall update you guys with my experience. Cheers

saayinla

Post by saayinla » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:46 pm

I have my extension on the same day as well but in croydon and I will only be making copies of Just the main page and salary payment page on the Bank statement. I am supplying the bearest minimum requirement and have no intention of supplying any document no explicitly requested for.

I will be provide update on my experience as well God willing.