ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(G) extension:Would Gross dividends consider as Income?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

susheel

Tier1(G) extension:Would Gross dividends consider as Income?

Post by susheel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi,

I have to apply for Tier-1 General extension (2 + 3 years) by End of January 2013. To get to the required no. of points under the PBS I have to show a minimum income of £65000 during the last 12 months.
I am doing contract job and operating under my own company as the sole Director and a 100% shareholder of a Limited Company.
In order to show my income I am showing both the salary and the dividend earned. But I am not sure if the UKBA Home office takes into account the Net Dividend or the Gross Dividend?

In case I show the Gross Dividend (Net Dividend + 10% Tax Credit (Net Dividend/0.9)), I can easily achieve the target of £65000+ . To support this I will be submitting the Dividend Vouchers (clearly stating the Gross and Net Dividend) and the letter from the Accountant. I want to know are these 2 documents enough proof to support my cause or any other proof is also required. I am a little concerned because the 10% Tax credit that I am taking into consideration is not actually been credited into my personal account and so this amount does not show in bank statement as my income.

Please clarify. I would appreciate a quick response and would be grateful to all those who help.

Regards

Susheel

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Para 112 of the guidance.