ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Premium Service Question..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anaiya
Newly Registered

Post by anaiya » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi all... New to the forum.

I am here in the UK on a settlement visa which is due to expire on the 6th of January.

I have an appointment for the same day premium service on the 28th of January.

Will I still be able to get my ILR on that day? or will they refuse me as my visa would have expired by then... I have been having a really hard time in getting an appointment.

What should I do in this situation?

Thank you very much in advance for all of your help..

anaiya
Newly Registered

Post by anaiya » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:02 pm

One more thing... My daughter was born in the UK. Do I have to include her as a dependant even though she has a British passport?

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Not at all.
Challenges make life worth it!

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:57 pm

You will not get ILR on 28th January. You must apply before your visa expires on 6th January 2013. you can apply 28 days before your visa expiry. You don't need to include your daughter in your application as she is British Citizen.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Pardon my ignorance, isn't settlement visa already an ILR equivalent meaning there are no immigration restriction?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Recommendation is you should apply before your current visa expires. You can though still apply for ILR within 28 days after your visa expires with some serious reasoning(serious illness, in hospital etc) that why you couldnt apply before your current leave expired.

anaiya
Newly Registered

Post by anaiya » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:22 am

Thanks for the info guys. Good news..I managed to book an earlier date for this Friday. It was a lot of stress but somehow managed to get the date....I booked it just for myself and not my daughter so hopefully this won't cause a problem as you guys have mentioned that it is not needed as she has a british passport.

I will obviously check through my documentation before going but is there any tips that anyone can give regarding what I should take with me?..

Thanks a lot for the quick reply everyone..you have been very helpful.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:31 am

good luck

keep us posted how you get on

angel62

Post by angel62 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:35 am

Please anybody inform me how to book a appointment for the same day service.
As I am trying online for about 2 months and unable to get a premium appointment and always message came that do not call to customer service as they donot have any appointment and search different dates and times .

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm

Angel62 - The below link might help you in getting the idea when to start looking for appointments

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=20

sameday
BANNED

Post by sameday » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:52 pm

Last edited by sameday on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm

A lot of people find it stressful to secure Premium service appointment and I could understand your present predicament on same issue.

Some have said you could succeed in getting appointment very late in the , that is midnight or very early morning, there is no guarantee on this theory

The only option now given your circumstance is probably go through an immigration Lawyer. Experience has shown that people that use immigration advisors or Lawyers do not have problems in securing same day appointment because they are given preference on UKBA system in securing such appointment .

Its up to you on how to handle your application but make sure you secure an appointment before your Visa expires
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

anaiya
Newly Registered

Post by anaiya » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi Angel62,

I went on the website just before Midnight and kept checking. The site crashed but I noticed appointments coming up that werent available before. I tried to make a booking, but the site crashed again and then they went off the site. Kept trying for an hour and a half and the appointments were available again but this time I managed to book it for as soon as Friday. The Midnight trick definitely does work and I am new to this so I would definitely say give that a try. I followed a guide that I found from a link on this forum but I am struggling to find it again for you...if you cant find it I will have another look....DO give it a go if you need an urgent appointment as I was very surprised that it worked.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:46 pm

I managed to booked mine at 1.30am last night/this morning at Solihull PEO for 30th Jan. so midnight trick defo worked for me

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:53 pm

angel62 wrote:Please anybody inform me how to book a appointment for the same day service.
As I am trying online for about 2 months and unable to get a premium appointment and always message came that do not call to customer service as they donot have any appointment and search different dates and times .
Try during the morning as well. Rather than just midnight. I have seen many SET(O) appointments at PEO's such as Liverpool & Sheffield around 6.30am when I've searched for appointments myself. Additionally at around 9.30am. These are the times I have tried & seen a list of 10 or more appointments available. Croydon PEO appointments however all disappear @ and around midnight.