ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Australian ILETS test and UKBA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mxgee

Australian ILETS test and UKBA

Post by mxgee » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Please advise, Australian ILETS test is acceptable by UKBA for family immigration?

Regard

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 pm

National of a majority English-speaking country
All applicants must submit their current original passport or travel document with their application.

If you are a national of a majority English-speaking country, your passport or travel document is evidence of your nationality. You will not need to provide any other documents to meet the English language requirement.
Source

If you are not an Australian National then read this
The tests and levels included on the list were submitted by the providers and have been assessed by the UK Border Agency and independent/sector experts before these were included, For this reason, no other tests are acceptable.

This means that:

Where an applicant has a test at the specified level but not from one of the listed providers, it cannot be accepted as evidence and;
Where an applicant has a test from an approved provider that is not listed, it cannot be accepted as evidence Source
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:23 pm

Hello
My spouse who is an Indian national, has a bachelors degree from USA. Does he need to take the IELTS?
Many thanks[/u]

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 pm

SHILPA123 wrote:Hello
My spouse who is an Indian national, has a bachelors degree from USA. Does he need to take the IELTS?
Many thanks[/u]
ix)(c) the applicant has obtained an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification), which is deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK, from an educational establishment in one of the following countries: Antigua and Barbuda; Australia; The Bahamas; Barbados; Belize; Dominica; Grenada; Guyana; Ireland; Jamaica; New Zealand; St Kitts and Nevis; St Lucia; St Vincent and The Grenadines; Trinidad and Tobago; the UK; the USA; and provides the specified documents; or
Read rule 284(ix)(c)
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Australian ILETS test and UKBA

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 pm

mxgee wrote:Please advise, Australian ILETS test is acceptable by UKBA for family immigration?

Regard
I think as long as your IELTS is Valid (appeared & passed within the past 2 yrs) you should be okay.

Please check here under the Who accepts IELTS? Select UK-England under Search by location drop-down, select the Government Agencies radio button to narrow the search. In-spite of this UKBA could go ballistic, so please check with them beforehand.
Organisation Country
Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - UK - England UK - England
Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship - London UK - England
British Council - London UK - England
British High Commission - London UK - England
Citizenship and Immigration Canada - UK UK - England
Foreign and Commonwealth Office UK - England
High Commission of Canada, UK UK - England
Home Office UK - England
Ministry of Defence (MOD) UK - England
New Zealand Immigration Service - London UK - England
New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, UK UK - England
Regional Passport Office UK - England
UK Border Agency UK - England
UK Trade and Investment UK - England
Skydrives, Templates

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:33 pm

thankyou @Damanisshallo

but as per the ANNEX FM ON http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... hp8-annex/
it states that:
'1. Introduction
1.1 An English language requirement for those people applying for entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain as a fiancé(e), proposed civil partner, spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner or same sex partner of a British citizen or a person settled in the UK was introduced in the Immigration Rules on 29 November 2010. This requirement also applies to the partner of a person in the UK as a refugee or person with humanitarian protection.

The only exceptions are:
5.1 Exemption for those aged 65 and over
The applicant does not need to meet the language requirement if they are aged 65 or over at the time they make their application.
Acceptable evidence of age would be proof of age in a passport or travel document.
5.2 Disability exemption
The applicant does not need to meet the language requirement if the Secretary of State considers that the applicant has a physical or mental condition that would prevent him from meeting the requirement.

Since I am currently in the UK on a tier 2 will he not require the IELTS? I am very confused.

Regards

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm

What evidence is needed to show my degree/PhD was taught in
English?
If an academic qualification has been taught by one of the majority English
speaking countries listed above, with the exception of Canada, we will
assume it to have been taught in English.

If an applicant claims that they have completed an academic qualification
taught in English, they must provide the original academic qualification
certificate (provisional academic qualification certificates are not acceptable),
showing:
• the applicant’s name;
• the title of award;
• the date of award; and
• the name of the awarding institution.
Source:
Skydrives, Templates