ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A love separated by the Schengen wall !

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alexdra
Newly Registered

A love separated by the Schengen wall !

Post by alexdra » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:32 am

In Italy we have a big issue: the procedure to get divorce ... it needs about 4 years !! But I don't want to talk about it.

I am getting crazy and mad managing my love relationship withy my extracomunitarian girlfriend (I am italian she is serbian). We cannot get married because I am waiting 4 years for my divorce.
My question is ... it is like that all over the world (europe)??!!
All the sentimental relationship crossing the Schengen borders are so under tortured ?

All details of my story are on http://www.inviaggiopertamara.com
Please let me know
Last edited by alexdra on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:31 pm

These draconian divorce laws are prominent in catholic countries.

alexdra
Newly Registered

DRACONIAN !!

Post by alexdra » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:13 pm

joesoap101 wrote:These draconian divorce laws are prominent in catholic countries.
Draconian is the right term !! Thanks ... I will use it ! :D

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:48 pm

Look, I feel for your situation, but please, it looks like you've translated your website directly from a dictionary.

"sentimental relationship"? What the hell is that? I suggest you have another look at what the word "sentimental" means. Perhaps a better word would be romantic.

"extracomunitarian girlfriend"? My god, I struggled to find out what "extracomunitarian" meant! For anyone who's interested, the word means "someone who is not a citizen of the European Union". Get it?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:55 pm

Dawie wrote:Look, I feel for your situation, but please, it looks like you've translated your website directly from a dictionary.

"sentimental relationship"? What the hell is that? I suggest you have another look at what the word "sentimental" means. Perhaps a better word would be romantic.

"extracomunitarian girlfriend"? My god, I struggled to find out what "extracomunitarian" meant! For anyone who's interested, the word means "someone who is not a citizen of the European Union". Get it?
I'm not sure that was really necessary. English obviously isn't the OP's first language ( unsurprisingly as this is an immigration board and he's not even talking about immigration to an english speaking country). I thought he did well to convey his situation in a language he may not be fluent in and comments such as yours just create an unnecessarily unwelcome vibe in my opinion. It's one thing criticising someone's behaviour or issues but to launch into their english skills whilst making no effort to address the real point of the post is just bad form IMO.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:04 pm

Actually this OP is blatantly advertising his website.

Do a search on Google for his made-up word and you will see that he his own propaganda machine:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=extrac ... =firefox-a
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Dawie wrote:Look, I feel for your situation, but please, it looks like you've translated your website directly from a dictionary.

I thought 'extracomunitarian' was a rather fine word (though it would probably normally be spelt with two m's in English - extracommunitarian). I'm going to try to use it at least once a day from now on...

But seriously, it can be difficult to write idiomatically in a language that is not one's own, as many of us who have tried it will know.
Last edited by Christophe on Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lemess
Member of Standing

Post by lemess » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:11 pm

I don't see that as propaganda. His is just another site ( millions blog these days) to discuss an issue close to his heart. In any case, one can always question his motives rather than his language. In my view, he has just asked a question on this board and the link is to a site containing a personal immigration story - not a commercial venture that can benefit from increased traffic.

I just find the nit-picking at language skills on an immigration board rather strange I'm afraid. You seem determined to take the least charitable view possible of what many would see as an innocent post about an immigration story that a person feels very strongly about.

Let him who hath etc etc....

alexdra
Newly Registered

Post by alexdra » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:07 am

lemess wrote:I don't see that as propaganda. His is just another site ( millions blog these days) to discuss an issue close to his heart. In any case, one can always question his motives rather than his language. In my view, he has just asked a question on this board and the link is to a site containing a personal immigration story - not a commercial venture that can benefit from increased traffic.

I just find the nit-picking at language skills on an immigration board rather strange I'm afraid. You seem determined to take the least charitable view possible of what many would see as an innocent post about an immigration story that a person feels very strongly about.

1) Is not a personal story. In Italy someone is writing that around 20.000 italian per year are having such issue
2) In Italy 10% of marriage are between people belonging to different countries
3) I apologize for my english but it was more important to publish the site as soon as possible because press and newspaper. Step by step I am putting it in order !!

So I don't think to talk about my story just to make more trafic, I would like to make a sort of association to fight for such human rights and I will be happy to find something like that also in europe to make alliance.

Just that
Thanks

alexdra
Newly Registered

Post by alexdra » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:09 am

Dawie wrote:Actually this OP is blatantly advertising his website.

Do a search on Google for his made-up word and you will see that he his own propaganda machine:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=extrac ... =firefox-a
I am advertising my fight ... not my site ... why you don't understand ?
Tomorrow for example I will be in a TV show talking about such issue !

I am not selling banner on my site and I will never do it (if this one is your meaning)

What will you do if someone is telling you that you cannot live with your partner (girlfriend, boyfriend ... so on) ?

alexdra
Newly Registered

Post by alexdra » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:45 pm

lemess wrote:I don't see that as propaganda. His is just another site ( millions blog these days) to discuss an issue close to his heart. In any case, one can always question his motives rather than his language. In my view, he has just asked a question on this board and the link is to a site containing a personal immigration story - not a commercial venture that can benefit from increased traffic.

Thank you very much for your comments.. morever I am organize myself to repeat the demonstration on 5 May 2007!
Here we have people sad because they are not able to live normally with their partner. (we have the big influence of Vatican here !)

alexdra
Newly Registered

Post by alexdra » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:38 pm

As I can see the rest of the Europe doesn't have such kind of issue.
That means just in Italy, thanks to the Vatican presence, we miss the main human rights.
OK, thank you guys ... see you

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:51 am

Dawie wrote:"extracomunitarian girlfriend"? My god, I struggled to find out what "extracomunitarian" meant! For anyone who's interested, the word means "someone who is not a citizen of the European Union". Get it?
The word "extracomunitario" is commonly used in Italy to refer to non-EU citizens, particularly immigrants from Africa and the poorest parts of eastern Europe. I first heard it in the 1980's. Over the years it has acquired derogative undertones. Hardly anyone would refer to an American or a Japanese as "extracomunitario", although technically the word applies to them as well.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:36 pm

alexdra wrote:As I can see the rest of the Europe doesn't have such kind of issue.
Actually Ireland is even worse. Divorce only became legal in 1997 and the separation period is four years, rather than three.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:56 pm

Marco 72 wrote: Actually Ireland is even worse. Divorce only became legal in 1997 and the separation period is four years, rather than three.
In Malta divorce is still banned. Same reason as in the Republic of Ireland - excessive influence of the Roman Catholic church upon successive governments.

alexdra
Newly Registered

Post by alexdra » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:37 am

Marco 72 wrote:
Dawie wrote:"extracomunitarian girlfriend"? My god, I struggled to find out what "extracomunitarian" meant! For anyone who's interested, the word means "someone who is not a citizen of the European Union". Get it?
The word "extracomunitario" is commonly used in Italy to refer to non-EU citizens, particularly immigrants from Africa and the poorest parts of eastern Europe. I first heard it in the 1980's. Over the years it has acquired derogative undertones. Hardly anyone would refer to an American or a Japanese as "extracomunitario", although technically the word applies to them as well.
Not true ... extracomunitarian means everybody outside of European Community. Some examples: Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, Bill Gates, Fidel Castro .... and my Tamara (Serbia) !!

alexdra
Newly Registered

Post by alexdra » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:38 am

Marco 72 wrote:
alexdra wrote:As I can see the rest of the Europe doesn't have such kind of issue.
Actually Ireland is even worse. Divorce only became legal in 1997 and the separation period is four years, rather than three.
I cannot believe !! So there is some country even worst than Italy !! Here divorce is legal since 1976.

alexdra
Newly Registered

Post by alexdra » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:39 am

JAJ wrote:
Marco 72 wrote: Actually Ireland is even worse. Divorce only became legal in 1997 and the separation period is four years, rather than three.
In Malta divorce is still banned. Same reason as in the Republic of Ireland - excessive influence of the Roman Catholic church upon successive governments.
I was sure that Pope made damage just in Italy !! LOL