ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport signature

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaveh
Newly Registered

Passport signature

Post by Kaveh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:09 pm

passport office are returning my application on the basis that my signature is not "legible", what the heck does that mean?

Does someone know what they mean by this, as their operator has no clue at all. really frustrating. Do I have to write my name instead of signing it?
Last edited by Kaveh on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Could it be that you wrote outside the white box? They are very strict on that (even if it just touches the edges).

Kaveh
Newly Registered

Post by Kaveh » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:31 pm

Jambo wrote:Could it be that you wrote outside the white box? They are very strict on that (even if it just touches the edges).
Actually, it was well within the box.

I phoned them again today and first they said you haven't signed it. When I categorically disagreed, he check it again and said that my current signature is not similar to one in my old passport and that's why they don't accept it.

Of course over the years, my signature has evolved and it doesn't look exactly the same. So I'm not sure what's the purpose of the new application, cause I will sign it in the same way.

ramu123

Post by ramu123 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:54 am

Have you managed to get your passport? What did you do with your signature?

Kaveh
Newly Registered

Post by Kaveh » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:53 pm

ramu123 wrote:Have you managed to get your passport? What did you do with your signature?
yes, finally got it sorted. I wrote a letter to them stating that my signature has evolved over the years and that my current signature is the one on the application form.
Fortunately, they accepted it and resolved the problem.