ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fazhaque

No Bio invitation yet!

Post by fazhaque » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm getting a bit worried now...applied on the 11th Sep under 10 years but haven't received the biometric invitation yet...anyone in the same boat applied in September?

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: No Bio invitation yet!

Post by Spidery_thread » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:50 pm

fazhaque wrote:I'm getting a bit worried now...applied on the 11th Sep under 10 years but haven't received the biometric invitation yet...anyone in the same boat applied in September?
@fazhaque,

Normally arrives in 8 weeks, call HO tomorrow and check.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Hyper-PK

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

Post by Hyper-PK » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 pm

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 am

On UKBA website on the 3rd page of FLR(m) still the web team hasn't updated their new version 12/2012, and it going to cause many applicants refusals saying using invalid form, is there any email id to report it ?

or if any one know the email to report it please do it.

on the bottom of the 3rd page you can see this

FLR(M) Application Form (Version 09/2012)- page 3

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:42 am

z18runway wrote:On UKBA website on the 3rd page of FLR(m) still the web team hasn't updated their new version 12/2012, and it going to cause many applicants refusals saying using invalid form, is there any email id to report it ?

@z18runway,

This page belongs to the Payment Department, which debt payments for the applications.

As the application fee didn't change since version 04/2012. This won't make any difference to the application.

This page will be kept by the payment department before forwarding your application to the document checking department.

If you are still doubtful, call HO and explain your concerns.

Best.

naqeeb

FYI

Post by naqeeb » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 am

Came across this article today. Shows the shambles UKBA is in again. 50,000 applications not registered yet - at least seems to be a speed up after releasing figures in November and hopefully clear all applications by march as promised.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ister.html

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Back Log

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:47 am

ALARMING NEWS:

"Mr Whiteman(UKBA Chief Executive) also admitted that the Agency had found a backlog of 50,000 applications from immigrants which have not been entered into the UKBA database.
He said it should be cleared by March".

March....!!!! what about the year??????

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 am

Spidery_thread wrote:
z18runway wrote:On UKBA website on the 3rd page of FLR(m) still the web team hasn't updated their new version 12/2012, and it going to cause many applicants refusals saying using invalid form, is there any email id to report it ?

@z18runway,

This page belongs to the Payment Department, which debt payments for the applications.

As the application fee didn't change since version 04/2012. This won't make any difference to the application.

This page will be kept by the payment department before forwarding your application to the document checking department.

If you are still doubtful, call HO and explain your concerns.

Best.
thanks for the support, i personally emailed ukba and got reply

Dear sir or madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We have updated the FLR (M) application form to avoid confusion and it should be live on website in the next hour.

Kind regards,

UKBA Webmaster

gingerbread
Newly Registered

Post by gingerbread » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi.
They told me that I can work full-time so long as the role is defined as "temporary" and I have completed my course. I called the Home Office, explained my situation and they gave me the number of whatever organization that deals with preventing illegal working, and that is what they told me. Call the Home Office and find out for yourselves. Or call the Sponsorship and Employers hotline: 0300 123 4699 and they can advise you on your right to work.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:31 pm

gingerbread wrote:Hi.
They told me that I can work full-time so long as the role is defined as "temporary" and I have completed my course. I called the Home Office, explained my situation and they gave me the number of whatever organization that deals with preventing illegal working, and that is what they told me. Call the Home Office and find out for yourselves. Or call the Sponsorship and Employers hotline: 0300 123 4699 and they can advise you on your right to work.
@Gingerbread,

Its not only about advising, e.g: if some one advises you over the phone one day and you get caught working full time the other? Who will you run after?

As per my and Ged's previous posts, we need to see some sort of legislation(in writing from a Governmental website).

And

Both of us have posted piece of rule in black and white from an official website.

Choice is yours.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

FLR(M) Page 3 mistake.

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Well Done...z18runway...:)

hope123
Newly Registered

ILR approved

Post by hope123 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Hello all u lovely and helpful people,,,,

Finally, today i got my door knocked by the postman to deliver my passport and document back... BRP is on its way...

My timeline is

Applied: 6/6/2012

Biometrics submitted: 13/08/2012

ILR approved: 14/12/2012

Docs. delivered: 19/12/2012

A quick summary of my case is ,,,,, i have been a student for 8 years and on psw for two years,,,, was away for a total of 7 months and few days in the last 10 years..... all passports were intact.. all visa were in time,,, all stamps were in place... so it must have taken the caseworker between 1 and 2 hours to decide the whole thing but took me over 6 months to get my docs. back,,,, my wedding date got fixed and invitations had been sent out,,, but had to be cancelled and postponed due to my pending case,,, and now i cant wait to see the love of my life.....

i won't come back to this website,, but will always remember all of you amazing guys in my prayers,,

My you all get the good news soon! InshaAllah

Ged

Re: ILR approved

Post by Ged » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 pm

hope123 wrote:Hello all u lovely and helpful people,,,,

Finally, today i got my door knocked by the postman to deliver my passport and document back... BRP is on its way...

My timeline is

Applied: 6/6/2012

Biometrics submitted: 13/08/2012

ILR approved: 14/12/2012

Docs. delivered: 19/12/2012

A quick summary of my case is ,,,,, i have been a student for 8 years and on psw for two years,,,, was away for a total of 7 months and few days in the last 10 years..... all passports were intact.. all visa were in time,,, all stamps were in place... so it must have taken the caseworker between 1 and 2 hours to decide the whole thing but took me over 6 months to get my docs. back,,,, my wedding date got fixed and invitations had been sent out,,, but had to be cancelled and postponed due to my pending case,,, and now i cant wait to see the love of my life.....

i won't come back to this website,, but will always remember all of you amazing guys in my prayers,,

My you all get the good news soon! InshaAllah

Well done and best wishes.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Congrates.....:)

fazhaque

Post by fazhaque » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:
fazhaque wrote:I'm getting a bit worried now...applied on the 11th Sep under 10 years but haven't received the biometric invitation yet...anyone in the same boat applied in September?
@fazhaque,

Hi I gave HO a ring today and they said they can not find details in their database so told me to wait!!!!! Not sure if I can do anything else?
Many thanks

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:18 pm

fazhaque wrote:
Spidery_thread wrote:
@fazhaque,

Hi I gave HO a ring today and they said they can not find details in their database so told me to wait!!!!! Not sure if I can do anything else?
Many thanks
@fazhaque,

Biometrics can be requested at any time during the application process, even can be a week before the decision, no need to panic, your time of the application has started from the day you applied.

AMH

Fazahaque

Post by AMH » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:30 pm

I've applied on 11Sep2012 and I received Biometrics on 15Nov2012
Have patience!!

settlement10year
Newly Registered

called home office

Post by settlement10year » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:06 pm

I initially sent my application back in June. I did my Biometric in August. I will be moving home on the second of January so I called home office to find out if a decision has been made or to just change my address with them now. The lady I spoke, who I could tell is a foreigner as well was just not interested in hearing my case. She initially said hold on I will check progress after giving her all my details. Then she said your six months is not up until next week, therefore I am not allowed to give any update. I asked if any mail has been sent to me but she kept on saying she is not allowed to say. Her only advice was that I notify them of the change of address. my biggest worry is that my six months is up during the christmas period, I might not get through to home office for the update.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: called home office

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:10 pm

settlement10year wrote:I initially sent my application back in June. I did my Biometric in August. I will be moving home on the second of January so I called home office to find out if a decision has been made or to just change my address with them now. The lady I spoke, who I could tell is a foreigner as well was just not interested in hearing my case. She initially said hold on I will check progress after giving her all my details. Then she said your six months is not up until next week, therefore I am not allowed to give any update. I asked if any mail has been sent to me but she kept on saying she is not allowed to say. Her only advice was that I notify them of the change of address. my biggest worry is that my six months is up during the christmas period, I might not get through to home office for the update.
@settlement10year,

27 & 28 Dec working day for HO.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 pm

UKBA wrote:As volumes of applications being received fluctuate this can cause delays in applications being input onto our electronic database and subsequently the issuing of biometric enrolment letters.

With all biometric applications the processing time starts from the date that a successful biometric enrolment appointment is attended, as the case cannot be fully considered without this information.

There is a 2 day time span between the biometric information being captured and this information being applied to our electronic records, however this does not extend the processing time.

Applications are considered in date order following the completion of a successful biometric enrolment appointment.
Courtesy whatdotheyknow.com
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Spidery_thread wrote:Biometrics can be requested at any time during the application process, even can be a week before the decision, no need to panic, your time of the application has started from the day you applied.
UKBA wrote:As volumes of applications being received fluctuate this can cause delays in applications being input onto our electronic database and subsequently the issuing of biometric enrolment letters.

With all biometric applications the processing time starts from the date that a successful biometric enrolment appointment is attended, as the case cannot be fully considered without this information.

There is a 2 day time span between the biometric information being captured and this information being applied to our electronic records, however this does not extend the processing time.

Applications are considered in date order following the completion of a successful biometric enrolment appointment.
Courtesy whatdotheyknow.com
Biometric is just an identity and criminality check and actual process time counts from the date application is made not from Biometrics.

Tracey is totally wrong about the time starts from Biometric enrolment.

If she is right, then processing time for any application will go up to 8 months.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:39 pm

You can try something like this
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:04 pm

Spidery_thread wrote:Tracey is totally wrong about the time starts from Biometric enrolment.
I wish she was wrong but I've got another reference though not for SET(O).
UKBA wrote: Postal FLR(M) applications are processed in order of the successful biometric enrolment date.
Reference
Skydrives, Templates

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Post by Spidery_thread » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Spidery_thread wrote:Tracey is totally wrong about the time starts from Biometric enrolment.
I wish she was wrong but I've got another reference though not for SET(O).
UKBA wrote: Postal FLR(M) applications are processed in order of the successful biometric enrolment date.
Reference
Agreed, that applications are dealt in order of biometric enrolment, but actual times remains @ 95% within 6 Months.

10 Year Long Residence SET(O) is pretty straight forward, typically no documents required apart from Passport/s and LIUKT.

People who are getting ILR at present, their application took on average 6.5 months(including biometric).

Thanks Damanisshallo.

Hopefully we all hear from HO soon.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

ILR-Time Line

Post by Spidery_thread » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:40 am

As per request of a dear fellow member, I am highlighting time line for my SET(O) application on the basis of 10 Year Long Residence(with background history):

ILR Qualifying period: 15 Sep 2011
latest Visa Expiry(in 2011): 09 July 2011
Tier 4 Filed: 30 June 2011(with 3 Dependants).
SET(O) Filed: 15 Sep 2011(requested variation of Leave from T4 to ILR)
FLR(M) Filed(for Spouse): 15 Sep 2011(with 2 Dependants on FLR(M)
Tier 4 Approved: 05 Oct 2011(until 31 July 2012, Variation of Leave was not taken into account by HO)
ILR- Refused: 21 Nov 2011(with no right of appeal as Tier 4 was approved, case worker claimed 62 Days in Country Gap in residency)
HO kept both application fees(took me 11 months to get a refund of Tier 4, which was issued in June 2012)
ILR Refusal Review Request: 30 Nov 2011
ILR Review Refused: 29 Dec 2011
Pre-Action Protocol Letter(JR) Sent: 05 Jan 2012(HO forwarded to same team)
Pre-Action Protocol Letter(JR) Refused: 03 Feb 2012
I sent Dissatisfaction(incorrect proportionality applied) Letter: 08 Feb 2012
Letter to MP: 05 Feb 2012
MP's Response with UKBA Enclosure: 03 May 2012----
Deputy Chief Case Worker Letter(enclosed with MP's Letter): 12 March 2012; Final Refusal.

Reapplied ILR-SET(O): 04 July 2012
FLR(M): 04 July 2012(Spouse & 2 Dependants)
Biometric: 29 Aug 2012(Supplied: 31 Aug 2012)
Decision: Waiting

Background:

First Entered U.K: 16 Sep 2001
Remained Student Until : 31 Jul 2006
WP Applied: 30 July 2006
WP Refused: 23 Aug 2006(with limited rights of appeal but 2 review requests were allowed)
Review Request filed: 31 Aug 2006
Review Request Decision(original decision to refuse WP maintained): 13
Nov 2006
FLR(S) Filed: 17 Nov 2006
FLR(S) Approved: 20 Dec 2006
Remained Student Until: 31 Oct 2008
PSW Applied: 23 Oct 2008
PSW Approved: 09 July 2009(took HO 8 months & 17 Days)
Last edited by Spidery_thread on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.