ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved @Solihull - 17th December 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sateeshiiitb
Newly Registered

ILR Approved @Solihull - 17th December 2012

Post by sateeshiiitb » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:31 pm

As many have mentioned numerous times, this forum has been very helpful in answering various queries. So, thank you very much all.. especially, wpilr_nov12.

I am WP holder (+1 dependent) and I have made a couple of posts regarding my case.
We arrived at the PEO by 9.30AM and were given a token @ 9.45 AM. We were instructed to go to a counter @ 10.40 AM. The caseworker asked us for the following

1.Passports
2.Application (We have used the new form introduced from 13Dec)
3.Marriage certificate
4.Work Permit
5.Employer letter
6.Absences letter from employer
7.Payslips and bank statements. I kind of heard her (not sure) saying "12 months" but I submitted docs for just previous six months.
8. LIUK notification letters
9. Cohabitation docs :
My wife arrived in the UK in May this year and the caseworker was not very concerned about cohab docs and she clearly mentioned that as I am a work permit holder, they do not expect the proofs to be detailed (span over long periods). Also, she just picked
a) Tenancy agreement (made in my name)
b) Dependent's bank statement (latest). We do not have a joint a/c.
c) Council tax letter (joint).

+ Photocopies of all the above.

We were then asked to pay the fee and wait till the biometrics were taken. After that, we were asked go out and come back in 2 hours to collect the docs, which we did @ 2PM.

Good luck to others.

prabhusubha
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Approved @Solihull - 17th December 2012

Post by prabhusubha » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:56 am

sateeshiiitb wrote:As many have mentioned numerous times, this forum has been very helpful in answering various queries. So, thank you very much all.. especially, wpilr_nov12.

I am WP holder (+1 dependent) and I have made a couple of posts regarding my case.
We arrived at the PEO by 9.30AM and were given a token @ 9.45 AM. We were instructed to go to a counter @ 10.40 AM. The caseworker asked us for the following

1.Passports
3.Marriage certificate
4.Work Permit
5.Employer letter
7.Payslips and bank statements. I kind of heard her (not sure) saying "12 months" but I submitted docs for just previous six months.
9. Cohabitation docs :
My wife arrived in the UK in May this year and the caseworker was not very concerned about cohab docs and she clearly mentioned that as I am a work permit holder, they do not expect the proofs to be detailed (span over long periods). Also, she just picked

We were then asked to pay the fee and wait till the biometrics were taken. After that, we were asked go out and come back in 2 hours to collect the docs, which we did @ 2PM.

Good luck to others.
Hi sateeshiiitb,

Congratulations!

I am also a WP holder will be applying ILR during Jan 2013. I would like know did CW asked specifically asked absence letter? As I have taken annual Leave to visit my home country around 120 days in the last 5 years.

How many days have you been outside the Uk during the last 5 years and Is there any days work related or just annual leave?

Finally could you please send me the template?

Thanks

sateeshiiitb
Newly Registered

Post by sateeshiiitb » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:13 am

Thanks.

The caseworker has actually spotted the absences letter in my docs which I laid out on the desk just to make things easier for myself. I was out of the UK for 95 days. Most of my absences are annual leaves and here's the template

The UK Border Agency
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ
14th Dec 2012

Re: XXXX
Dear Sir/Madam

This is to confirm that Mr. XXXX (Passport Number: YYYY, Work Permit Number: ZZZZ, NI Number: AAAAA) has been employed by DDDD since dd-mm-yyyy following his being granted a 5 year Visa.

Mr. XXXX was absent from the UK during the following periods as part of annual leaves and business trips for the company.

Id | From | To | Total Days | Reason |

This should be a table.

Should you have a need for any additional information or further clarifications in this matter, please feel free to contact me via email or phone.

Yours Faithfully

<Your employer>
<His/Her Role>

Email:
Tel: +44 [0] ......

Hope this helps.

pure desire

Post by pure desire » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:55 am

sateeshiiitb wrote:As many have mentioned numerous times, this forum has been very helpful in answering various queries. So, thank you very much all.. especially, wpilr_nov12.

1.Passports
3.Marriage certificate
4.Work Permit
5.Employer letter
9. Cohabitation docs :

Good luck to others.
hi there first of all many congrats to u on getting ILR..

i am in the same boat as u u did mention they ask for the letter of absence from employer was ur holidays over 180 days or they ask u for it regardless of number of days our of country... and also can u plz share the format here and what about the point 4. work permit.... what exactly u meant by that.... ..

I was being told that in solihull they usualy ask for three month payslips n bank statements..... so does that mean i have to arrange for last 12 months now...

And also you know in the new form where they ask about ur ties.... out of country..... how did u fill that section up..... did u just tell about ur home country and about ur parents .... or any one else too.... plz elaborate if possible.......

Thanks in advance....

jetliu2000

Post by jetliu2000 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah I want to know regarding the abs as well. For example, most of my abs are actually annul leave. like 2 or 3 weeks a time, in total, maybe is about 50 days in 5 years. Do I have to prepare for this abs letter from employer as well?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:22 pm

From what I gather the OP below had 95 absences & already had an employer letter confirming his absences available with him. It doesn't appear as if though it was requested by the CW, but rather spotted & therefore taken.
sateeshiiitb wrote:The caseworker has actually spotted the absences letter in my docs which I laid out on the desk just to make things easier for myself. I was out of the UK for 95 days. Most of my absences are annual leaves and here's the template.

rkk

Post by rkk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:27 pm

hi sateesh, i want to clear onr thing, is ur wife got ILR now? b.coz u said ur wife arrived in this year, but she she needs to stay with u at least 2 yrs with u in this country right? please clear me this, i am also same situation..
thanks
Last edited by rkk on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sateeshiiitb
Newly Registered

Post by sateeshiiitb » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:49 pm

@pure desire

I published the absences letter format in my 2nd post in this thread.
Work Permit document is the original doc issued by Home office to my employer, the one that shows my role, pay and it's validity.

Payslips n bank statements : As I mentioned, I have heard the caseworker say "12 months" as it was a bit noisy than usual due an elderly customer in the next counter asking lots of questions to the caseworker. I didn't bother to request the caseworker to repeat as I was prepared to submit just 6 months. If possible, I suggest you prepare 12 months of payslips and bank statements if possible to be on the safe side.

I am from India and I filled the ties section by just saying "India - Ancestral Origin and parents place of living" - one liner really.

@jetliu2000

I work in a very start up so the management were willing to sign on the required docs. I actually prepared the absences letter on the working day before 17th. So it was relatively easy for me, not sure for u. But I suggest you get it if you are using the new application form as as it appears to be a definite requirement as per the checklist in the new form.

@rkk

Apparently, WP dependents do not need to satisfy the 2 year requirement. In my first post in this thread, I mentioned what the caseworker clearly said to us. I very much like to think it is up to the caseworker to use his/her discretion and decide. So you should be alright. Not sure what they will do if a dependent arrives in the UK just few weeks before a WP holder makes an application as there won't be much of cohab proofs.

Sateesh

rkk

Post by rkk » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:00 pm

thanks for the reply
Last edited by rkk on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetliu2000

Post by jetliu2000 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:47 pm

sateeshiiitb wrote:@pure desire

I published the absences letter format in my 2nd post in this thread.
Work Permit document is the original doc issued by Home office to my employer, the one that shows my role, pay and it's validity.

Payslips n bank statements : As I mentioned, I have heard the caseworker say "12 months" as it was a bit noisy than usual due an elderly customer in the next counter asking lots of questions to the caseworker. I didn't bother to request the caseworker to repeat as I was prepared to submit just 6 months. If possible, I suggest you prepare 12 months of payslips and bank statements if possible to be on the safe side.

I am from India and I filled the ties section by just saying "India - Ancestral Origin and parents place of living" - one liner really.

@jetliu2000

I work in a very start up so the management were willing to sign on the required docs. I actually prepared the absences letter on the working day before 17th. So it was relatively easy for me, not sure for u. But I suggest you get it if you are using the new application form as as it appears to be a definite requirement as per the checklist in the new form.

@rkk

Apparently, WP dependents do not need to satisfy the 2 year requirement. In my first post in this thread, I mentioned what the caseworker clearly said to us. I very much like to think it is up to the caseworker to use his/her discretion and decide. So you should be alright. Not sure what they will do if a dependent arrives in the UK just few weeks before a WP holder makes an application as there won't be much of cohab proofs.

Sateesh

thanks very much for your reply.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:37 am

Good luck to others.
Congratulations. And thanks for the mention.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

proul79
Newly Registered

Post by proul79 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi..
Congrats for getting ILR.
I assume you used employer letter to confirm that you were in employment throughout the WP period. Did you provide P60 or anything else or just that letter enough?

Thanks

sateeshiiitb
Newly Registered

Post by sateeshiiitb » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:17 pm

@proul79

In some ways we can say that.. The letter stated that I have been working for the employer since XX to YY and they still require me to hold the position.
I think the caseworker may ask for P60's if he/she is picky or if they cannot verify the employer. Hope it helps.

Sateesh

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....