ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's Tier-1 Dependent Visa Extension Application (in UK)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

divisionbell

Wife's Tier-1 Dependent Visa Extension Application (in UK)

Post by divisionbell » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:00 am

Hi,
I would appreciate your kind help regarding documents required for my wife's tier-1 dependent visa extension (in-country) application (separate from the main applicant). My wife is going to submit her Tier-1 dependent visa extension application (in-country as she is in UK). We applied her HSMP dependent visa last year when I was also on HSMP. While her case was with the home office (we had to lodge an appeal for her visa), I got my tier-1 extension done. She finally got her hsmp dependent visa in Aug 2010 and home office gave her visa for 5 months (from 24 Aug 2010 to 23 Jan 2011). Now, we are going to apply for her tier-1 extension.
Can you please confirm what documents we need to submit in addition to my three months' latest bank statements? Do I need to submit all the documents that I submitted for my tier-1 extension application? PBS dependent policy talks only about 3 months bank statement to confirm maintenance of funds.
Thanks for your kind help.
Kind Regards.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:30 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

divisionbell

Post by divisionbell » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:33 am

Thanks Vinny/All,
Can you please confirm one thing? Do I need to send my own passport alongwith the extension application of my wife? My own visa extension has already been done in May 2010. This time, we have submitted visa extension papers of my wife. I have attached my passport's copy with the documents and sent wife's application.
A friend told me that I would need to send my passport too. Can you please confirm this point? If it is true, can I send my passport now, after one week of sending my wife's visa extension application? I checked my debit card and the payment of dependent visa extension (475 GBP) has already been deducted from my card. One reason why I didnt send my own passport is because I was expected to travel abroad for official trip. However, that trip has got postponed now.
Thanks for your help in this regard.
Best Regards.

divisionbell

Post by divisionbell » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi All,
Thanks for your help. My wife's extension has finally been done.
Kind Regards

tier1help-london
Newly Registered

Post by tier1help-london » Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 pm

divisionbell wrote:Hi All,
Kind Regards
Hi,

Can you please tell what documents you submitted finally?
Is it just the three months bank statement only as per the policy guidance?

Cheers.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 17, 2011 4:14 pm

tier1help-london wrote:
Kind Regards
Hi,

Cheers.
Please spend sometime reading policy guide. If you have doubt on any content of policy guide than seek help on this forum

tier1help-london
Newly Registered

Post by tier1help-london » Tue May 17, 2011 4:41 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:
tier1help-london wrote:
Kind Regards
Hi,

Cheers.
Please spend sometime reading policy guide. If you have doubt on any content of policy guide than seek help on this forum
Dear Rajesh,
I asked this question to confirm what docs divisionbell finally sent.

As per policy guidance, for dependent extension only three months bank statements are asked to prove maintenance funds. Just wanted to check whether he submitted marriage certificate again. As per my understanding its not required for extension and hence not mentioned in guidance. Requirement for extension application is mentioned in Para 319C (h) that an applicant should be previously granted leave for relevant PBS migrant. This requirement inherently proves the relationship.
Evidence of relationship is required for EC applications.

Cheers.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu May 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Marriage certificate is always required. A person can get married, later divorce and may marry someone else.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:28 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:Marriage certificate is always required. A person can get married, later divorce and may marry someone else.
any thing else we need apart from marriage certificate ?

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Babajee85 wrote:
rajesh9pl wrote:Marriage certificate is always required. A person can get married, later divorce and may marry someone else.
any thing else we need apart from marriage certificate ?
Hi

I have received now the BRP card ,so should i send the photocopy of the BRP card or the original BRP card ?

I am still waiting for the acknowledgement letter for my dependent
application.

So should i wait for the ACK letter and then send the BRP copy as per the reference letter number.

Please guide ?