ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tick the income tax return provided box or not?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Infoverload
Newly Registered

tick the income tax return provided box or not?

Post by Infoverload » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:04 am

Hi all,

My question is to tick or not to tick? Like a lot of applicants my tax year over here is not matching up to the period claimed, so I am providing exceptional evidence and ticking that box. But, should I also tick the box saying that I have provided income tax returns for the period claimed or leave blank? I am tending towards leave blank as it does not cover the entire period claimed.

I am still providing the tax return information up until my last tax year being 30 June 2006 I just am not sure whether to check the box. Similarly, what should I do for the checklist page at the back?

Second question - I have seen a few posts on the website re: Q28 and Q31 but does anyone have a quick answer re: what to put as the country code vs. income band? I am in Australia so am country code A. Is income band meant to be a number or a band A also? Anyone who has successfully applied from Australia on the new form, your response would be appreciated!!!

Thanks

infoverloaded aussie

nouna

Post by nouna » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:48 am

I would tick the box for income tax return since the tax return you are providing cover a period claimed.. HO did not say "tax return cover the ENTIRE period claimed".. so I beleive their statement apply in your case since your tax returns do indeed cover a pariod claimed.. that's my own view not sure though!

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:17 am

You should tick the box and also provided the ITR no matter whether it covers the whole period or not ..... :)

srikp

Post by srikp » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:19 pm

My experience reading earlier posts suggest not ticking ITR since it does not cover entire period.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... +itr#71274

mkmrid
Newly Registered

Post by mkmrid » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:12 pm

Hi,

From my exp. you should tick the box. I have seen rejection because of not ticking the ITR box.

Q28 : you should enter Band A
Q31 : You sould enter the amount band. For example if after conversion to GBP, you gross income is 37,000 Pounds then you should enter 35,000+

Hope this helps

all the best

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:29 am

mkmrid wrote:Hi,

From my exp. you should tick the box. I have seen rejection because of not ticking the ITR box.

Q28 : you should enter Band A
Q31 : You sould enter the amount band. For example if after conversion to GBP, you gross income is 37,000 Pounds then you should enter 35,000+

Hope this helps

all the best
I absolutely agree with you mkmrid ...

Its almost assured that you get a rejection if you donot check that box ...

Of course there are chances that they consider only the exceptional evidences only if your reasoning is very strong and you have very solid supporting documetns ....

Cos they dont see any reason why you should not have your ITR atleast covering one month .....

Buddy please dont take a change .... its a matter of lots of money and time ... :)

makon

Post by makon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:00 pm

I wrote to the Home Office and below is the communication between me and them. Hope it helps:

Subject: RE: Should I Tick the box against Income Tax Return if it DOES NOT cover the entire period claimed?
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:36:42 -0000
From: "WPLTR4" <WPLTR4.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>

No
Please complete the box advising that you are unable to supply a return for the complete period claimed

Regards

Robert Myers
Leave to Remain Casework Team 4

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 08 February 2007 15:30
To: WPLTR4
Subject: RE: Should I Tick the box against Income Tax Return if it DOES NOT cover the entire period claimed?

Many thanks for your reply but I will be pleased if I can have the
answer to my question which was: Should I tick the box in Q.45 against
Income Tax return ? My Income Tax Return does not cover the entire period
I am claiming for ?

Regards,

WPLTR4 <WPLTR4.workpermits@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:

If you are unable to supply a P60 for the full period claimed, you should
supply Bank Statements or a letter from your employer to corroborate your
earnings

Regards

Robert Myers
Leave to Remain Casework Team 4
IND North East, Yorkshire & Humber Region
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

Sent: 06 February 2007 12:26
To: Workpermits, HSMP
Subject: Should I Tick the box against Income Tax Return if it DOES NOT
cover the entire period claimed?

-----Original Message-----

Dear Sir/Madam,

To claim points in the Earnings Scoring area, applicants for HSMP
Extension are expected to supply the following documents.

1) Original Wage Slips covering period claimed for
2) Income Tax Return covering period claimed for

In my case, the Income Tax Return would only cover PART of the period
claimed for because the UK tax year is from 6 April - 5 April and because of this I will be submitting a letter from my employer stating salary claimed as evidence for exceptional circumstances.

I am aware that the Home Office still expects me to submit ANY P60 I have but I am confused on what to do with Question 45 on the HSMP Extension form. There are two boxes there to be ticked. One box is for Original Wage Slips covering period claimed for and the second box is for Income Tax Return covering period claimed for.

As the P60 I will attach DO NOT cover the entire period claimed for,
should I still tick the box against the 'Income Tax Return Covering Period Claimed For' and if I am expected to still tick the box despite the fact that the P60 does NOT cover the entire period, would the Case Worker not be tempted to award me points based on the figure on the P60 that DO NOT cover the entire period I am claiming for?

Many thanks for your expected reply.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:33 pm

I still havent got what does the mail infer .....

Can anyone elaborate on this ??

makon

Post by makon » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:58 pm

In simple language it says, if your tax certificate doesn't cover the whole period, do not tick the box !

mkmrid
Newly Registered

Post by mkmrid » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:27 pm

I applied in Jan and ticked the box for ITR . My P60 covers only first 4 months out of my claimed period. In exceptional reason I clearly mentioned that P60 does not cover full period that s y I am attaching bank statements and ticked the box for bank statements also. I got my approval so ...I think there should not be a problem to tick the ITR

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:28 am

Do not tick..claim exceptional consideration....but provide ITR for whtever period u have
Regards,

Pam Aujla

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:00 am

mkmrid wrote:I applied in Jan and ticked the box for ITR . My P60 covers only first 4 months out of my claimed period. In exceptional reason I clearly mentioned that P60 does not cover full period that s y I am attaching bank statements and ticked the box for bank statements also. I got my approval so ...I think there should not be a problem to tick the ITR

I would go with mkmrid 100%

I have personally helped out more than 7 cases and not only these cases but also most of the guys out there wouldnt be having their ITR covering the whole period.

But in all these cases we have ticked the ITR and provided the SARAL for the same no matter for how many months it covers ... none of our cases were a faliure ..... All got approved at one go ......

Rest take your decision .... :)

paramjit2k

h

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:03 am

these r guidelines:

Salaried earnings - I have not got a tax return to cover the full period – what can I do?

Your personal tax return documentation must be submitted wherever it is available. Where you have not yet received this documentation for the current tax year, or if your documents only cover part of the period claimed, you must submit what tax information you have. In addition, you must complete the exceptional consideration box AND send us documentary evidence to support your request for exceptional consideration (this may be your most up-to-date tax return but may also include other documentary evidence to support the reasons you have given).

If you provide sufficient information to support exceptional consideration Work Permits (UK) will then consider the alternative documentation you have asked us to look at (i.e. Bank statements covering the period claimed for or a letter from your employer stating salary as claimed), and make a decision based on these.

If u r claiming exceptional considerartion of one thing, other side u r ticking the box for that.. Is this logical?
Regards,

Pam Aujla

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:21 am

But then if you are not ticking the box and providing ITR , it would stand not to be considered and may be taken for granted that there is no ITR provided hence chances of the application getting rejected would be more ...

Cos recently we see that there are loads of rejecteions cos non provision of ITR ...

what do you say Pam ???

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:35 am

well frankly tell u..we all can make speculations here...HO shud clearly mention what is need to be ticked in that case...

I have seen approvals both way...
Regards,

Pam Aujla

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:25 am

True ... :)