ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British National's spouse "family member" stamp

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rain

British National's spouse "family member" stamp

Post by Rain » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi
I am British , my wife is Pakistani (ILR) . We are planning to go France.Instead of applying schengen visa ,

1) How can we get a "family member of EEA national" stamp on her passport?

2) What form to fill in ?

3) Can we apply in person as a same day service any where in the UK?

Thanks in advance

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:54 pm

Please see this.

Rain

Post by Rain » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks a lot linkers , I have read all that but on France schengen visa website it clearly mentions that

Please note the the exact words "Family Member of an EEA national" must be written on your residency card and that the quality of simply "being" a family member of an EEA national does not remove the passport holder's requirement to obtain a visa for travel.

I dont want to take any risks . Where can I get this stamp on my wife's passport ? What application form and can I do it at any PEO on the same day service ?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:46 pm

As a spouse of a British citizen, she can't get this "stamp" as this is given to people under the EEA regulations and not to people under the UK immigration rules (spouse visa/ILR). (there are exceptions but this is for returning citizens after working somewhere else in the EU).

In any case, there isn't a same day service and it can take upto 6 months. She should apply for a visa which (if travelling together) should be issued free of charge.