ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp application by hsmp dependant

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alex2000

hsmp application by hsmp dependant

Post by alex2000 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:55 pm

Is it possible for a HSMP dependant (based abroad but with a valid EC) to apply for HSMP abroad. Hopefully get an approval, come into the UK with a depedant visa and then do an in-country switch to get FLR(HSMP). The original HSMP guy now becomes the new dependant.

You guessed right. The new rules are spinning proposals in one's head.

ALEX

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:12 pm

you can't do an in-country switch from dependent to HSMP main .. irrespective of whether you are an in-country or out-country applicant.

regards

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:54 pm

Thanks ukjobsforme,

But i guess the dependant can decide to discountenece the HSMP dependant visa and apply overseas for the scheme based on his/her own professional and economic standing. Is it not possible for the person to get and approval and even EC on his/her merit?

Pls advise.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:43 am

I dont really agree to the concept that a HSMP dependent cannot switch to HSMP main .....

I guess it should be possible ...

Experts , please clarify ......

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:58 am

Alex,

My comment was regarding switching visa categories (HSMP dependent to HSMP main) from within UK - which is not possible for an HSMP dependent.

An HSMP dependent can surely apply for HSMP approval on his / her own merit from inside (and even from outside) UK, but upon approval he / she must return to home country to apply for EC on basis of HSMP.

If you look at the guidelines, it will be clear to you that only certain category of visa holders can switch to HSMP visa in-country and HSMP dependents are not included in that category !!

Hope this helps.

regards

alex2000

Post by alex2000 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:20 pm

Thanks mate.

Cheers

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:36 pm

ukjobsforme wrote:Alex,

My comment was regarding switching visa categories (HSMP dependent to HSMP main) from within UK - which is not possible for an HSMP dependent.

An HSMP dependent can surely apply for HSMP approval on his / her own merit from inside (and even from outside) UK, but upon approval he / she must return to home country to apply for EC on basis of HSMP.

If you look at the guidelines, it will be clear to you that only certain category of visa holders can switch to HSMP visa in-country and HSMP dependents are not included in that category !!

Hope this helps.

regards

Well i absolutely agree with this explanation of yours ....

Sorry for the confusion though :-)