ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HR do not have the data to confirm my annual leave history

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varre_v

HR do not have the data to confirm my annual leave history

Post by varre_v » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Hello Gurus / Senior Members,

Looking for your urgent help! - Got PEO appointment booked for 14th January, hence the urgency.

I am currently on Tier-1 General Visa. I completed 5 years in a combination of the old Work Permit and Tier-1 General.

My leaves of absences were paid annual leaves and taken while I was on employment as work permit holder. 3 trips (2007,2008 and 2009, a total of 43 days excluding arrival/departure dates).

Do I still need to get a letter from my previous employer since all my leaves were taken when I was on work permit visa?

I have contacted my previous employer already and the HR told me that they do not have leave history data that far in their HR portal to confirm my annual leave dates. I am in deep shit now...Please advise what to do next?

akash08

Re: HR do not have the data to confirm my annual leave histo

Post by akash08 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:15 pm

varre_v wrote:Hello Gurus / Senior Members,

I am in deep shit now...Please advise what to do next?
No you are not.. None would ask you a single question about your absence.. No point increasing the blood pressure thinking about this which I did yesterday night and got ILR today!!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:02 am

If you absolutely need the dates, refer to stamps on passport, tickets, boarding cards, ticketing records etc.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

varre_v

Post by varre_v » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 am

Thanks akash08. Your response is very encouraging.

Hi wpilr_nov12,
The entry/exit stamps do not exactly match with the periods of paid annual leave.That's why i have contacted my previous employer to provide a letter but unfortunately the leave history data does exist in their systems anymore given that my leaves were taken more than 3 years back.

varre_v

Post by varre_v » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:21 am

wpilr_nov12,
One correction, I meant the leave data does *not* exist anymore with my previous employer.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:27 am

Given that you are applying as a T1G, and you have a low number of absences, and all from WP era, you might be able to get away without your former employers letters. If you have payslips or other means to show your UK salary covering the absence periods, you are pretty much covered. A one page letter should suffice.

As an alternate scenario, It is reasonably possible that your former employer ceases to exist today. In which case it would be impossible to get a employer letter to support your absences.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

varre_v

Post by varre_v » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks for assuring wpilr_nov12. I have the payslips and salary credits to my UK bank account for those periods. Will write a letter myself attaching them for proof