ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa category Advice for a settled person's partner please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jeebu
Newly Registered

Visa category Advice for a settled person's partner please

Post by jeebu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 pm

I was granted ILR on 18th December 2012,My previous category was Tier1 General.
I got married on 18th October 2012 and wish to bring my partner as a dependant to UK.

I am slightly confused on which category should i apply.
Should i apply her visa as a dependant of "settled person" or as a dependant of Tier1(G).

The "Can you apply" Page on UKBA website says this

This section is for those who applied for, or are applying for, leave to enter or leave to remain as a partner of a British citizen or a person who is settled here.

You cannot apply in a partner category if you:

are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system;
and
you do not qualify for settlement yet.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... you-apply/
I dont think my wife qualifies for settlement as she has never been to UK.

Could you please advise if i have to apply her visa as a dependant of Tier 1 G or as a dependant of a settled person.
your reply will be very much appreciated,Thanks a Lot.
Also is there further information anywhere else regarding this.I did check could not find.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:42 pm

I don't know why ukba persist in putting incorrect and/or confusing information on the website. Your wife needs to apply as the spouse of a settled person not as a tier 1 dependent. (the passage you have quoted relates to those already have leave as a PBS dependent and whose partners have since got ilr or citizenship, but even in that scenario the statement is not entirely correct)

jeebu
Newly Registered

Post by jeebu » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:06 am

Thanks greenie