ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madhumesh
India

Tier 1 extension

Post by madhumesh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 am

I need another(Second) extension because of delay in entry of more than 90 days and wish to apply for early extension(14 months early) through PEO. I understand that the visa is granted from date of approval if applied too early and this doesn't affect my case if visa is given for at least 2 year.I have searched through this forum but couldn't get my answers. Following are few things would like to clarify.

1) Can my application be returned/ not accepted from PEO for applying too early? Is this happened with anyone on this forum and any experience related to early extension at PEO which could be helpful? I am concerned because Ho customer service said that I can't go but lots of people do apply on this forum and got visa successfully. He didn't provided any reference to rule neither I could find any.

2) I understand caseworker ask for reasons for early application. Any idea reasoning for asking this and what they do if not happy with reason? I have not seen anywhere where they can refuse because someone is applying early?

3) As stated above, reason for my early application is too cover my delayed entry for ILR and peace of mind (increase in fees etc). Is it good enough reason? I know this tricky question but any view would be appreciated.

Thanks

hsmp505

Post by hsmp505 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:07 pm

1. You can apply early and date of application will be start of your next leave /extension. As you said, it should not be an issue as you will still get enough days for the shortfall. But you do need a good reason (see 2nd option).

2. Depending on some other threads, one of good reason for early extension is for switching of Job. Many employers are now asking longer leaves (2+ years) and some time clearly mention in Job adds. This can be a reason to get early extension so that you will have 2 years leave and switch job.

3. I would not mention 'Peace of mind' for enough time in ILR, as that's good a reason for you and may not be for CW.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Thanks for your reply.

The good reason theme bothers me, To refuse an application they need something in immigration rules. It's arbitrary and no where defined. Lets say I have no good reason, paying full fee and happy to take extension from date of approval, and if caseworker refuses what reason they can put in refusal letter. I have not found any reference anywhere. Is it covered under general ground of refusal (can't see myself)?

My query is more to understand the process so if ignorant case worker refuse to accept my case, I can challenge him/ her.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:35 pm

There is no worry. The best reason is that you are short of some days for ILR and so you need another extension. You are not doing anything wrong.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:29 pm

I have not heard of a case where an early application has been questioned at all - I myself applied 6 months before the expiry date and no questions were asked re early application.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Thank you samira and hsmp1412 for your assurances. I think I had bad call with HO, The person suggested that I should not apply early at least not early than one year but he couldn't point to any relevant rule which prevents early extension for Tier 1. Just cautious and want to be prepared.

I had few cases noticed on board where caseworker asked for reason, probably if good enough reason they give visa from expiry date. In my case it doesn't make any difference If I apply today or year later or visa given from any date as long as it is 2 years.

I have already booked an appointment and will probably go for it, Would be happy if any of board member would share their experiences.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:38 am

You don't need a "good reason" for early extension. I'm sure it's just general chit-chat, rather than actually looking for a specific answer. It's laughable that an application can be denied because the reason for early extension wasn't good enough. :roll:

Jibo

Post by Jibo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:56 am

Home office is more concerned about your money so long as you have the required document and can show earnings. So if you like you can apply twice in 2yrs

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks for sharing your views.

That's what I thought, worse case scenario can be they may not accept application for consideration but never seen any case here on this forums.