ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US travel for person with UK ILR - Somewhat URGENT !!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cocoanud
Newly Registered

US travel for person with UK ILR - Somewhat URGENT !!!

Post by cocoanud » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi,

I am in a slightly skeptical situation here.

My employer wants me to travel to their US office. I gather I definitely need a Business Visa.

However the immigration consultant for the employer is saying being on a UK ILR I can travel to the US under the Visa Waiver Program. I think he's totally incorrect ?

Does anybody have any information regarding this ? The US London Embassy website also states that I would need a business visa.

Please let me know as I might have to travel as early as first week January.

Best regards,
--

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: US travel for person with UK ILR - Somewhat URGENT !!!

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:52 pm

cocoanud wrote:
However the immigration consultant for the employer is saying being on a UK ILR I can travel to the US under the Visa Waiver Program. I think he's totally incorrect
Your entry to the US on a visa waiver is dependent on your nationality rather than your residence status in a another state that is part of the visa waiver program.

cocoanud
Newly Registered

Re: US travel for person with UK ILR - Somewhat URGENT !!!

Post by cocoanud » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:59 pm

Lucapooka wrote: Your entry to the US on a visa waiver is dependent on your nationality rather than your residence status in a another state that is part of the visa waiver program.
Thanks Lucapooka,

The immigration consultant on the other side finally said that he overlooked the fact that I am still an Indian citizen.

Will be applying for a business visa now :)

Regards,
--