ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Almost 4 weeks and have not gotten letter to do the BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ash2412
Newly Registered

Almost 4 weeks and have not gotten letter to do the BRP

Post by Ash2412 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:04 am

Hi there,

I have an enquiry regarding how long the application takes (PSW switching to Tier 2 General) On the "Timeline" topic, it seems that everyone who made their application got a letter to do their Biometrics beteen 10 days to 2 weeks from the date of their application; however, it has been almost 4 weeks since I made my application and I have not heard anything back from the Home Office. Is that normal and should I be worried? I made the application on the 28th of November and my account was debited on the 29th or 30th. I had also received a letter stating that they received my application but I haven't heard anything since then.

karthiktr

Re: Almost 4 weeks and have not gotten letter to do the BRP

Post by karthiktr » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:31 am

Ash2412 wrote:Hi there,

I have an enquiry regarding how long the application takes (PSW switching to Tier 2 General) On the "Timeline" topic, it seems that everyone who made their application got a letter to do their Biometrics beteen 10 days to 2 weeks from the date of their application; however, it has been almost 4 weeks since I made my application and I have not heard anything back from the Home Office. Is that normal and should I be worried? I made the application on the 28th of November and my account was debited on the 29th or 30th. I had also received a letter stating that they received my application but I haven't heard anything since then.
Hi frnd,

Even mine also same problem mate. I applied on 29th of november. Still not received the biometric letter to do BRP. Please let me knw my frnd if anyone gives you any suggestion or wenever u go the letter. Let me do the same as well

with regards,
Karthik

chin1605

Post by chin1605 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Hi Guys,

I submitted my application since October 18 and received the acknowledgement letter 2 weeks later. Nothing since then.

Rang the UKBA (0870 606 7766) on Monday and was told that it was NOT UNUSUAL that it is taking that long. The guy I spoke to said that it could take up to 3 months before I get the Biometrics Letter. However, he said that if I have not received it by the end of January, I should give them a call back.

Just to double-check that info, I called again on Tuesday and spoke with a lady this time around. She also confirmed that it was not unusual and that I would receive it at some point. She mentioned something about dealing with a high volume at the moment.

I would suggest you also call and post the response you get here, just so that we're all sure we're being given the correct info.

Cheers

Ash2412
Newly Registered

Post by Ash2412 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Thank you for the reply Chin1605. Glad to hear it is not unusual for this to happen Unfortunately I'm unable to call them today, will do it first thing Monday if they're still open.

Ash2412
Newly Registered

Post by Ash2412 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi guys, just got home and the letter from the Home Office had arrived to get the Biometrics done. Thank you all for the replies and best of luck with the application.

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:18 pm

Ash2412 wrote:Hi guys, just got home and the letter from the Home Office had arrived to get the Biometrics done. Thank you all for the replies and best of luck with the application.
Hi,
Can you please tell me the date mentioned in biometric letter.
Please reply

with regards,
Karthik

karthiktr

Post by karthiktr » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:30 am

Ash2412 wrote:Hi guys, just got home and the letter from the Home Office had arrived to get the Biometrics done. Thank you all for the replies and best of luck with the application.
hi ash
evn i got the biometric letter after yours and i done the biometric as well..
please keep posting wenever u got the approval and documents..thnks for posting

with regards,
karthik

yogi43
Newly Registered

Post by yogi43 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:32 am

is it taking longer now to get the biometric letters?I thought it was around 10 days to 2 weeks..I posted my application on 18/12 and was received on 19/12...keeping fingers crossed...

Ash2412
Newly Registered

Post by Ash2412 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Karthik: That's good to hear, I haven't done my biometrics yet I will be doing it first thing Monday morning and I'll update this topic as the application progresses.

Yogi: It can take a while longer as happened to me, Karthik, and Chin. Just hang in there and give it a while or you could try calling the helpline they may be able to assist you.