ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earning Period Confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JaySam

Earning Period Confusion

Post by JaySam » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi Guys,

This forum is the best for asking an opinion. Please help me as well.

I have a query regarding earning period. What is considered when calculating the 12 month period, Payslip Date OR the date of Money been paid into the bank.

Also is this relevant that work/service also need to be covering this period. For example I have done actual work (Working hours) from 1st January to 28 January, but get paid for this on February 05th.

I will start counting my earning period from February 05th 2011 to February 04th 2012. (Is this right?)

Thnx.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:30 pm

For PAYE employment where there is delay in payment from the issue of the payslip, either date can be counted so long as it's only for 12 salaries. You can't sneak in a 13th salary by claiming the payslip date at the start of the year and the credit date at the end of the year. All other income is counted on the date it enters the bank, and this is to prevent outstanding invoices that may never be paid corrupting the actual total.

JaySam

Post by JaySam » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:47 pm

Thnx Lucapooka,

So we need to count the amount when it is paid into bank, YES ? Regardless of pay slip date or Invoice date

sameday
BANNED

Post by sameday » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Lucapooka wrote:For PAYE employment where there is delay in payment from the issue of the payslip, either date can be counted so long as it's only for 12 salaries. You can't sneak in a 13th salary by claiming the payslip date at the start of the year and the credit date at the end of the year. All other income is counted on the date it enters the bank, and this is to prevent outstanding invoices that may never be paid corrupting the actual total.
your earnings before tax over a period of up to 12 consecutive months in the last 15 months.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:02 pm

sameday wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:For PAYE employment where there is delay in payment from the issue of the payslip, either date can be counted so long as it's only for 12 salaries. You can't sneak in a 13th salary by claiming the payslip date at the start of the year and the credit date at the end of the year. All other income is counted on the date it enters the bank, and this is to prevent outstanding invoices that may never be paid corrupting the actual total.
your earnings before tax over a period of up to 12 consecutive months in the last 15 months.
Why are you quoting my information and then not referring to it? Do you not know how to make posts on this forum?