ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved - Croydon - 20 Dec'12

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Simi UK

ILR Approved - Croydon - 20 Dec'12

Post by Simi UK » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 am

Hi Guys,

First of all I would like to thank everyone on this forum for there valuable support and guidance. We were able to gather a lot of fruitful information from this forum which made the application successful.

My husband was on a 5 year work permit and was eligible to apply for his ILR in Jan'12 but due to the changed rules on driving convictions he had to move to tier 2.
Conviction : AC20, in 2009, £240 fine with 5 points, it was due to a small parking mistake in a supermarket

Below are the details of the appointment and the documents that he used in support.

We tried to book the appointment on Sunday nite, 16 dec'12 @ 11.30 PM. I logged in and on the first attempt got three appointments all for 20 dec'12 for Croydon. (I think I was lucky coz people are saying on the forum that its really difficult to get appointments). We booked one of the appointment for 20 dec.

We reached Croydon around 11 AM (i did not apply with him in the same application as i will need to complete 2 years first). We spent some time in Whitgift centre (it's a shopping centre opposite UKBA and you can spent a lot of time there if you reach early).

We entered UKBA half an hour before our appointment. We then had a security check same as on airport. We moved to a corridor and asked to go to a counter on ground floor where the lady asked for the application form checked it and gave us a token with unique number.

We then moved to the first floor and went to the payment desk, we were asked to give the payment slip from the application and made the payment. On the same floor there were a number of counters and people were waiting for there turn.

Then his number was called and the person on the counter asked for his application form and passport and biometric card. He checked application and entered some details on his system. He then asked to wait for our number to be called for biometric.

After the biometrics were taken, they asked to wait on the same floor. Just in few minutes my husband was called by the caseworker. She asked him for his application form and all the supporting documents. He was really concerned on how she will react on the driving conviction as It was declared on the application. She read it very carefully and told that she will give the result in one hour and asked him to wait.

After an hour case worker called him and said those words which We were waiting to hear, "your application has been successful and you will receive your biometric card within a weeks time".

We were really happy and thanked her!!

Documents used for the application were:
- SET (O) form
- Employment letter
- Absence schedule letter from the employer (absences were 167 days in last 5 years, all paid and annual leaves, no work related absences)
- Work Permit and tier 2 sponsorship letters
- 12 months salary slips
- 5 P60's
- 12 month bank statements
- LIUK Certificate
- Driving Licence, counter part, all conviction documents including summon
- Photocopies of passport stamps of entry and exit

Hope this information will be beneficial for people with any convictions waiting for their ILR. But you should not have the conviction within 24 months from the date you are applying.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:34 am

Congrats on your husbands application and thanks for sharing your experience at Croydon PEO. I have a couple of questions which I hope you can help answer:

1) Were all the documents you have listed requested by the caseworker or did you just provide them all as you had them with you?

2) What time was your appointment at Croydon PEO (11.30am?) and how long did it take for the entire process to be completed?

sh1981
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Approved - Croydon - 20 Dec'12

Post by sh1981 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Simi UK wrote:Hi Guys,

First of all I would like to thank everyone on this forum for there valuable support and guidance. We were able to gather a lot of fruitful information from this forum which made the application successful.

My husband was on a 5 year work permit and was eligible to apply for his ILR in Jan'12 but due to the changed rules on driving convictions he had to move to tier 2.
Conviction : AC20, in 2009, £240 fine with 5 points, it was due to a small parking mistake in a supermarket

Below are the details of the appointment and the documents that he used in support.

We tried to book the appointment on Sunday nite, 16 dec'12 @ 11.30 PM. I logged in and on the first attempt got three appointments all for 20 dec'12 for Croydon. (I think I was lucky coz people are saying on the forum that its really difficult to get appointments). We booked one of the appointment for 20 dec.

We reached Croydon around 11 AM (i did not apply with him in the same application as i will need to complete 2 years first). We spent some time in Whitgift centre (it's a shopping centre opposite UKBA and you can spent a lot of time there if you reach early).

We entered UKBA half an hour before our appointment. We then had a security check same as on airport. We moved to a corridor and asked to go to a counter on ground floor where the lady asked for the application form checked it and gave us a token with unique number.

We then moved to the first floor and went to the payment desk, we were asked to give the payment slip from the application and made the payment. On the same floor there were a number of counters and people were waiting for there turn.

Then his number was called and the person on the counter asked for his application form and passport and biometric card. He checked application and entered some details on his system. He then asked to wait for our number to be called for biometric.

After the biometrics were taken, they asked to wait on the same floor. Just in few minutes my husband was called by the caseworker. She asked him for his application form and all the supporting documents. He was really concerned on how she will react on the driving conviction as It was declared on the application. She read it very carefully and told that she will give the result in one hour and asked him to wait.

After an hour case worker called him and said those words which We were waiting to hear, "your application has been successful and you will receive your biometric card within a weeks time".

- SET (O) form
- Employment letter
- Absence schedule letter from the employer (absences were 167 days in last 5 years, all paid and annual leaves, no work related absences)
- 12 months salary slips
- 5 P60's
- LIUK Certificate

Hope this information will be beneficial for people with any convictions waiting for their ILR. But you should not have the conviction within 24 months from the date you are applying.

congrats!
but, had to change VISA cause of small parking mistake in supermarket? wow. that was harsh. :(
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

prabhusubha
Newly Registered

Post by prabhusubha » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Congratulations!

Can you please share the Absence letter template?

Thanks

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:52 pm

prabhusubha wrote:Congratulations!

Can you please share the Absence letter template?

Thanks
Follow this link, will be helpful

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Simi UK,Co gratulations on your Husband's ILR. Thank U for sharing the experience.

The application was a straightforward one. All relevant documents were available..No fuuther inquiries were needed by UKBA.

Good luck in the future.

Bheema

Post by Bheema » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Congrats,

Please let me know which SET O you have used? 07/2012 or 12/2012

- SET (O) form
- Employment letter
- 12 months salary slips
- 5 P60's
- LIUK Certificate

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:22 pm

'Hope this information will be beneficial for people with any convictions waiting for their ILR. But you should not have the conviction within 24 months from the date you are applying'

Hi Simi ,
First of all, congratulation.. all the best.
Secondly,Did the case worker confirme and apply this new convictions rule on your application?and is it valid for any convection because in new SET(O) form Fixed penalty Notices FPN are not included unless they were part of a sentence of the court. Please advise
Thanks

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Simi UK,Co gratulations on your Husband's ILR. Thank U for sharing the experience.

The application was a straightforward one. All relevant documents were available..No fuuther inquiries were needed by UKBA.

Good luck in the future.
We had a driving conviction and that was the only concern for us !!

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:31 pm

We used New SET (O) form 12/2012
Bheema wrote:Congrats,

Please let me know which SET O you have used? 07/2012 or 12/2012

- SET (O) form
- Employment letter
- 12 months salary slips
- 5 P60's
- LIUK Certificate

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:47 pm

stokbrig wrote:'Hope this information will be beneficial for people with any convictions waiting for their ILR. But you should not have the conviction within 24 months from the date you are applying'

Hi Simi ,
Secondly,Did the case worker confirme and apply this new convictions rule on your application?and is it valid for any convection because in new SET(O) form Fixed penalty Notices FPN are not included unless they were part of a sentence of the court. Please advise
Thanks
Thanks.
case worker's don't discuss n ask for explanations in general...n nothing was being asked on conviction but seriously case work did spend good amount of time on looking at the conviction as it was visible from some distance.
Declare anything that went through court.

All the Best.

sh1981
Member of Standing

Post by sh1981 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:03 pm

Simi UK wrote:
stokbrig wrote:'Hope this information will be beneficial for people with any convictions waiting for their ILR. But you should not have the conviction within 24 months from the date you are applying'

Hi Simi ,
Thanks
Thanks.
case worker's don't discuss n ask for explanations in general...n nothing was being asked on conviction but seriously case work did spend good amount of time on looking at the conviction as it was visible from some distance.
Declare anything that went through court.

All the Best.
thanks
---
ILR Submit: 05/12/2012
Spouse Visa Exp: 09/12/2012
Ack Rec'd: 12/12/2012
Bio Rec'd: 10/01/2013
Bio Done: 10/01/2013
ILR Approval letter: 05/03/2013
Bio RP Rec'd: 06/03/2013
Current Stat: Settled
My Blog: uk-spouse-visa.blogspot.com

kvora

Post by kvora » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Hello and congrats!!!

I have a similar conviction with driving offence code AC10 and £500 fine. The sentence was handed out on the January 24th 2012. Based on your experience, I presume that as of January 25th 2014, I should be able to apply for my ILR.

Meanwhile, I would appreciate if you could answer my query. I am currently on Tier 2 general and will not be able to apply for ILR due to the conviction. However, I have not extended my visa since the conviction and its due for renewal next month. I am concerned whether the conviction will have an impact on the extension of Tier 2 visa? Please let me know if your husband was able to extend his visa after the conviction?

Many thanks.

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:48 pm

You'll not have any issue in Tier2 ext..though u need to declare it ..if Tier2 form ask conviction somewhere than just fill that.

KTM
Newly Registered

Post by KTM » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi all and Congratulations to simi uk!!!

I had a very minor collision with a stationary car in a car park in 2011 but i did report to the police and they asked me to present all paper like V5,MOT,insurence certificate so I did. After 2 weeks they send me a letter saying that 'no further action will be taken'. My ILR is due early next year. Do I need to mention this in the application form? Does this cause any problem in my ILR.

Really appreciate your expert suggestions

Regards

KTM
Newly Registered

Post by KTM » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Guys

Any suggestions?

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....