ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gallian100

Advice Required

Post by Gallian100 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:51 am

Please help:

I have the complete documents with me except IELTS (even a letter from the university stating the medium of study as English is available). I registered for IELTS and opted for Feb 24th , however due to non availibilty of seats on that date they have allocated me test date of March 10th i.e. delayed by two weeks.

Do you suggest submitting the application without IELTS result (which I can submit later) or should I wait?

Available docs are
Original degree: Becholar of Engineering (Communications) plus Naric equilancy (Claim:35 points)
Transcripts for 4 years
Bank Statement
Salary slips (Signed and stamped, printed on plain A4)
Tax Certificates (Signed and Stamped ,printed on plain A4) (Claim: 45 points)
Letter from the employer mentioning my current designation and Salary
Total points claimed: 80
Letter from the university stating English as medium of instruction. It is also mentioned in the letter that it will not be any problem for me to continue education in any university abroad where medium of instruction is English.
Other things like some job advertisements
Experience letter from employer mentioning my job responsibilites and the major projects handled by me during the last seven years of my job (I stayed with one employer for the last seven years, started right after my graduation)
Currency conversion print out

I hope you understand that I don't want to delay..... in case some changes in the rules may occur etc and on the other hand am afraid of not submitting IELTS result.

Need some suggestion from the experienced members!! :?:

Rich ZA

Post by Rich ZA » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:24 am

I see you are claiming 35 points for your Bachelors degree, rather than 30. what did NARIC rate it as equivilent to?

Experience letter and job adverts are not required, so i would suggest keeping them to a minimum to avoid clutter.

So long as your letter from the university clearly states that your degree was conducted it should be ok, but no-one will be able to give you a 100% gaurentee. If that is what you want, do the exam.

Gallian100

Post by Gallian100 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:14 am

Rich ZA wrote:I see you are claiming 35 points for your Bachelors degree, rather than 30. what did NARIC rate it as equivilent to?

Experience letter and job adverts are not required, so i would suggest keeping them to a minimum to avoid clutter.

So long as your letter from the university clearly states that your degree was conducted it should be ok, but no-one will be able to give you a 100% gaurentee. If that is what you want, do the exam.

Thankyou Rich ZA,
I am considering it as a professional\vocational qualification (Engineering) although NARIC rates it equivalent to UK Becholars.In worst case I will get 30 instead of 35 but why not to take a chance? Some of my collegues have got 35 without submitting NARIC letter.