ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel with EEA1 card only within Europe

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

siddiqr

Travel with EEA1 card only within Europe

Post by siddiqr » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Friends

I sent my EEA4 application along with my wife's norwegian passport last month

My wife needs to travel to Norway this evening and even though we requested her passport almost 2 weeks ago, it hasn't been returned by HO

My wife has a UK driving license and EEA1 blue card issued in 2007. She also has her old (expired) passport. Do you think she can travel to Norway with these documents??? Her ticket is with Ryanair

We are really stressed out - any expert advice or experience shared will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Driving licence is irrelevant for travel. Eea1 is a card containing eea national's details and confirming its identity with picture and without expiry date. Its must work as its being issued by ukba itself after passport check but if she has her country national identity card then it will be more than enough.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

siddiqr

Post by siddiqr » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:26 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Driving licence is irrelevant for travel. Eea1 is a card containing eea national's details and confirming its identity with picture and without expiry date. Its must work as its being issued by ukba itself after passport check but if she has her country national identity card then it will be more than enough.
Hi Sheraz - Thanks for your reply .... Unfortunately Norway does not issue national ID cards
We are just thinking we should go to the airport and try our luck :(

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:36 pm

I cannot recommend that because neither i tried that nor personally seen anyone but generically eea1 is issued by ukba itself after all checks including eea national's passport too and same should be known to airport staff too. I hope later on experienced members/gurus/moderators will refer you to the relevant thread or her own experience/view.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:48 pm

You need a travel document to travel. Residence documentations are not travel documents. You can't use the EEA1 blue card to travel. You won't get pass the Ryanair check-in desk.