ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Application timeframe and dependent and NQF code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wyk126
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Application timeframe and dependent and NQF code

Post by wyk126 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:33 pm

I basically have 3 questions:
1. Whats the timeframe to apply for Tier 2 General, my current PSW will be expired on Dec 2013, I'm thinking if its too early to apply at the beginning in 2013? Because I am concerned if the policy and terms will be changing so quickly next year, will they change something like NQF level or more strict in 2013 later? When to apply? What's your suggestions?

2. My girlfriend wants to apply the same as well, but unfortunately her job may not reach to the requirement, so I am thinking can she apply as an dependent? Does the company need to sponsor her as well if she want to apply? Can she apply later separately after my visa has been granted? or she has to be apply as dependent at the same time? What material we need to prepare that can prove that we are un-married partners?

3. I saw the Code of practice on UKBA website is updated recently, but I don't know what exactly updated? Also, I found that some job title's NQF level on UKBA's Code of practice(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e2012-cop/) and SOC 2000 website(http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/guide-method/ ... index.html) is different, Which one should I refer to? e.g. Web designer is NQF 6 on UKBA's, but on SOC 2000 designer(web) code is 3421, which is NQF 3. so I'm totally confused.

Really need you guys advice!
Thanks very much!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:00 pm

1. Any time within the validity of your current leave
2. She can only apply as a PBS dependant from outside the UK. She would need to marry you or have proof of a co-habiting interpersonal relationship akin to marriage of at least two years duration.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:46 pm

web designer is NQF6, SOC code 2131, min. sal. £26k.
SOC code 3421 is graphic designer (not web designer),NQF3

wyk126
Newly Registered

Post by wyk126 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:59 pm

Lucapooka wrote:1. Any time within the validity of your current leave
2. She can only apply as a PBS dependant from outside the UK. She would need to marry you or have proof of a co-habiting interpersonal relationship akin to marriage of at least two years duration.
Thanks for your reply.

She currently has PSW visa as well, she and I live in the same flat since Sept 2010 in the UK, can the rent contract be the proof? or she has to go back to origin county to apply?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:19 pm

She has to go back to her country to apply regardless.

You would need more than a rent contact to prove the relationship is 'akin to marriage'

wyk126
Newly Registered

Post by wyk126 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:02 am

Greenie wrote:She has to go back to her country to apply regardless.

You would need more than a rent contact to prove the relationship is 'akin to marriage'
Thanks for your reply
So even her current visa haven't expired yet, she still has to go back to apply? so is that a strict or non-strict visa? Since I heard that if apply outside the UK there are numbers of limitations of visa per year.

If provide more than a rent contract, Can you give me an example what kinds of document you refer to please?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:05 am

Restrictions apply to Tier 2 migrant applications. Your partner would be applying (from outside the UK) as a dependant so is not affected by the conditions for Tier 2 migrants.

demaxiya
BANNED

Post by demaxiya » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:42 am

Great article, did not see for a long time.