ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier1 general extensions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jabbar324
Newly Registered

tier1 general extensions

Post by jabbar324 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:51 pm

hi everyone on forum,

i am new to the board n finding it quite helpful, my tier1 general extension is due on 31 may 2013, and income band is 40k, i had been registered as self employed accounting consultant on my name, and working with tesco as well,
my question is would it be helpful if i go on PEO for extension alone or with some solicitor , or should i just post it like i did last time when applying tier1 general. at that time i paid £2150 tax, what should i pay for last year now as my self assessment is due on 31st jan. please help.

also,my Mrs is on PSW due to expire in august 2013 and have a newborn baby should i apply their extensions with me as dependent or should i wait for my visa first. any recommendations please

sameday
BANNED

Re: tier1 general extensions

Post by sameday » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:02 pm

jabbar324 wrote:hi everyone on forum,

i am new to the board n finding it quite helpful, my tier1 general extension is due on 31 may 2013, and income band is 40k, i had been registered as self employed accounting consultant on my name, and working with tesco as well,
my question is would it be helpful if i go on PEO for extension alone or with some solicitor , or should i just post it like i did last time when applying tier1 general. at that time i paid £2150 tax, what should i pay for last year now as my self assessment is due on 31st jan. please help.

also,my Mrs is on PSW due to expire in august 2013 and have a newborn baby should i apply their extensions with me as dependent or should i wait for my visa first. any recommendations please

That depends on the luck factor.If you go in PEO sometimes they may ask some questions.But chances are rare.But mostly you will get the decision on the same date.If you send by post they are getting more time to verify and you should cross your fingers until you get the decision that may take few months.So you have to decide accordingly.
For your newborn babies visa my suggestion is until you get your renewed visa.Else you have to renew the babys visa again after March

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:30 pm

its up to you.. PEO or Post both options are valid.

But make sure, you pay all self employment tax before you post or attend peo.

as UKBA is now very very strict and working in coordination with HMRC checking every penny paid against the amount you have shown.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

jabbar324
Newly Registered

Post by jabbar324 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:26 pm

thanks for replies , one more question is about my Mrs visa that can i apply her visa as my dependent from UK or she has to take entry clearance as she is on tier 1 psw and i am on tier1 general

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:55 pm

no, she has to take the entry clearence again from home country.
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------