ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much does it take to get a reference number?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hcho
Newly Registered

How much does it take to get a reference number?

Post by hcho » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:52 am

Hello dear members of the forum,

Finally I have completed to collect documents, get translations done and sent my documents to HSMP team. I must say that this won't be easy without the help of this forum. Thanks for the support.

Given that HSMP team received my documents on wednesday, when should I be assigned a reference number? I think that this number is e-mailed to the applicant. I've got nothing yet. Is this normal?

Best regards,
hcho

ho9

Post by ho9 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:27 am

Any charge made from your credit card yet ? or anything charged of your bank account if sent draft etc.

Melyni
Newly Registered

reference number

Post by Melyni » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:30 am

Congratulations on completing your application/submission. Hopefully, I can answer your question...

The Home Office does not provide you with the reference number. To obtain it, you need to call them/email them. However, because they are under such demand to review the applications, they request that you not contact them during the "website-stated" processing period - 6-8 wks.

Basically, you've just entered the toughest (in my opinion) part of the HSMP process....the test of patience. If you sent your application by courier or paid by credit card, you can at least verify receipt/charge on the credit card. But after that, it's a bit of a black hole until you hear from them (or start calling).

My application has been in the works for 5 wks (normal stated processing time was 4 wks when I applied), but from what I've read (information gathered by calling the office)...they are currently reviewing applications submitted during the week of January 20. So, it is a bit of a lengthy process. Good luck to you!

hcho
Newly Registered

Post by hcho » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:50 am

Thanks for the good wishes.

As I am from a nationality which is exempted from fees, I do not have the chance to monitor the process through credit card transactions. However I know that DHL has deliverd my envelope.

It is interesting that they do not give a refernce number without asking it.

druid
Newly Registered

Post by druid » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:31 pm

Melini,

When did you get the information that HSMP team is currently processing applications submited in the week of 20 Jan. I am asking because I submited my application at the end of January and my patience is vitually gone...

Thanks a lot

D

Melyni
Newly Registered

Ref numbers

Post by Melyni » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:27 pm

I saw it in a post (either on this msg board or the hsmp svcs message board. it is by no means official...just something I read in a post referring to a conversation someone had w/ Doncaster.

gulgon

hcho

Post by gulgon » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:14 pm

Merhaba hcho!

Dostum I congratulate you for completion! Could you share your experience with me on what kind of info you included and so on.. And did you hear any turkish who applied from Turkey and got approval (how long did it take?), any success story?

If you would like let correspond!? fatihg26@yahoo.com

hcho
Newly Registered

Post by hcho » Mon Mar 29, 2004 2:41 pm

Selam gulgon,

Let's use private messaging function of this forum. I am writing you one, check it out.

geekhatri

Re: reference number

Post by geekhatri » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:51 pm

i think melyni is not at all correct..
The procedure of home office states that once the payment has been charged..they sent application to HSMP team and generate reference number, which they respond to the applicant through the post....

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:46 pm

:lol: Did you notice the date on the post above yours?? :lol:

But glad to note that you are using the search facility for your benefit - how else would you have come across this 4 yr. old discussion.

Keep it up.

regards
geekhatri wrote:i think melyni is not at all correct..
The procedure of home office states that once the payment has been charged..they sent application to HSMP team and generate reference number, which they respond to the applicant through the post....
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geekhatri

Post by geekhatri » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:01 pm

OOPS...yes my friend..i havn't notice at all...BUT neway it was the correct info through out the way...
n hope u understand that once ur application is on the process..the applicant becomes bit mental..just like me this time...