ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Court Fine 3.5 years ago and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajaved
Newly Registered

Court Fine 3.5 years ago and ILR

Post by ajaved » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:41 pm

I am on Tier 1 General.
I will be able to apply for ILR form Feb 2013 but i was fined by the court in MAY 2009.
I have used Disclosure Scotland service to find out if i have any criminal record. but it came back as NONE.

Now i am confused should i apply for an ILR when my current visa expires or what is the next option.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: Court Fine 3.5 years ago and ILR

Post by Spidery_thread » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:17 pm

ajaved wrote:I am on Tier 1 General.
I will be able to apply for ILR form Feb 2013 but i was fined by the court in MAY 2009.
I have used Disclosure Scotland service to find out if i have any criminal record. but it came back as NONE.

Now i am confused should i apply for an ILR when my current visa expires or what is the next option.
@ajaved,

Why & where were you fined?
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:17 pm

As per the new rules, only convictions etc committed in last 24 months from the date of the application will be affected. Though you have to declare all the spent and unspent convictions happened at any time but convictions happened more than 24 months before wont affect your application I.e they cannot reject your application just because of that. Am pretty sure that's what the new law says and confirmed that with the lawyer. But you should consider listening to what other experienced members have to say

ajaved
Newly Registered

Post by ajaved » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:40 am

I found the original letter from the court it does not say conviction rather it says, Notice of Fine and collection order.
and under offenses and impositions it says:
1/ Boarded a train in non compulsory ticket area without a valid ticket.
Does that count towards a criminal record.

ajaved
Newly Registered

Post by ajaved » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Can anyone help with this please ?