ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW SET M Form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrmoges
Newly Registered

NEW SET M Form

Post by mrmoges » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Asks:
Please state what ties you have with;
• The country where you were born
• Any other country whose nationality you hold
• Any country where you have lived for more than 5 years

You should tell us about any family, friends, or other connections with that country. Country Social cultural or family ties

what are the appropriate answers for someone who is still a citizen of the country of origin and never been out of their country except for UK. and for the others on the list?

mrmoges
Newly Registered

Post by mrmoges » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:29 pm

my second and last question:
if my wife is applying for settlement on SET M, can I pay the fee on check under my name? if yes, will i need to sign the page on the form containing the info below ''

SECTION 13 - CONSENT FOR THE UK BORDER AGENCY TO REQUEST VERIFICATION CHECK

Im a friend or relative whom the above-named person (‘the applicant’) has stated will provide financial support. The UK Border Agency (UKBA) is verifying this by checking the documentation which the applicant has supplied about my accounts with banks or utility companies (a ‘company’). The company may thus reveal information about me to UKBA or to the applicant.
I agree to the company giving UKBA relevant personal data it holds about me in relation to my account. This is limited to what is necessary to confirm that the documentation the applicant has supplied is correct. If that documentation is not correct, the company may give UKBA details of any inaccuracies / discrepancies in the information that the applicant has provided, and may also disclose to UKBA the correct information that they have on record about the account.
I understand that this may involve the applicant obtaining further details about the account.
I agree that this information may be used as part of the decision making process about the application and may, if necessary, be disclosed to a court ''