ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years - one Gap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

frankenstein
Newly Registered

ILR 10 years - one Gap

Post by frankenstein » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi
I'm planning to apply for the ILR 10 years. I have a gap of 21 days and that was the first time I applied( a student visa). My sponsor was out of the country at that time and I had to wait to get their bank statement. I did not know that you can still send the application and send a cover letter explaining the missing bank statement.

Is there any chance that I can get the ILR 10 years?

Any other options? :)

Also in case I send my application, how long would they normally take (knowing that they might not give me the 10 years residence.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:32 pm

You have not actually defined the gap. What was your leave when you applied, when did you apply, what date did your previous leave expire and when was your new leave issued?

Long residence applications can take six months or longer to be emitted.

frankenstein
Newly Registered

Post by frankenstein » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You have not actually defined the gap. What was your leave when you applied, when did you apply, what date did your previous leave expire and when was your new leave issued?

Long residence applications can take six months or longer to be emitted.
My student visa expired on 10 January 2004- and I applied on the 01 february.
I received my second student visa on the 13 february 2004.
On the SAR copies, it says "valid ICC" and the stamp when they received the application was 02 february.
The gap I believe is 10 january to 13 february 2004

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:35 pm

Well, that's a gap! If you were bedridden and could not apply within 10 days of your visa expiry, you might have had a chance.

Example 3
An applicant has a single gap in their lawful residence due to submitting an application 24 days out of time. The applicant has provided a letter from their consultant stating that they were hospitalised during this period.
Question: Would you be right to use discretion in this case?
Answer: Yes. Even though the application was more than 10 days out of time, the applicant has proved that there were exceptional reasons for the
late application and has tried to maintain lawful residence throughout
the rest of the 10 year period. You must confirm this with your senior
executive office (SEO) senior caseworker

mery
BANNED

Post by mery » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:54 pm

lso in case I send my application, how long would they normally take (knowing that they might not give me the 10 years residence.

from my husband experience it took 6 months and 12 days really stressing.
gooooooood luck with bad response