ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cool off period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

querya
Newly Registered

cool off period

Post by querya » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:28 am

Hi,
I had a T2 ICT visa valid till apr 2013 but I left UK in the month of Oct 2012 and my sponsor had informed UKBA to curtail my visa. Now if I want to apply for T2 General visa with another sponsor then cool off peroid is applied to my application, but I would like to know if the cool off period of 12 months applies from the date I left UK or the from the date when my visa originaly expires.

The rule under 245HB says
(g) The applicant must not have had entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 2 Migrant at any time during the 12 months immediately before the date of the application, unless the applicant was not in the UK with leave as a Tier 2 Migrant during this period, and provides evidence to show this.

Could anyone please clarify this, can I apply for tier2 General visa after Oct 2013 or I have to wait till Apr 2014?

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:29 am

The 12 months start the day you leave the UK - it used to be the date the visa expired but this changed recently.

The Immigration Rules require the applicant to prove when they left the UK.

querya
Newly Registered

Post by querya » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:04 am

Thanks Jeeves.
How can an applicant prove this,
Can someone write a cover letter with the evidence showing he/she has not enter UK on tier-2 for period of 12 months?

querya
Newly Registered

Post by querya » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:56 am

How can an applicant prove this,
Can someone write a cover letter with the evidence showing he/she has not enter UK on tier-2 for period of 12 months?