ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice needed regarding parents' UK permanent residency

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wanttoclarify22
Newly Registered

advice needed regarding parents' UK permanent residency

Post by wanttoclarify22 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:14 pm

I need some advice on the chances for obtaining UK permanent residency for my elderly parents currently living in India.

I am a British citizen (after naturalisation) living in the UK and my only sister is also a british citizen (after naturalisation) living in UK. My elderly parents (both over 70 years old) are Indian citizens and are living on their own in India. My father retired over 16 years ago from Government of India service. My parents have visited me in the UK many times in the last decade.

What are the chances if I sponsor them for their permanent residency? They can then live with me in the UK and I can take care of them. They need emotional, moral and physical help as they advance in age. Can they apply from India? How long would it take?

Any advice in this regard including any recent experience and tips would be most gratefully received.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:22 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ssharma
Newly Registered

Post by ssharma » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:54 pm

I will suggest everyone if you are looking for to bring your elderly dependant family member to UK, please make sure your application is genuine and your parents genuinely have long term illness or disability and require a level of long-term personal care. Mostly all kinds of personal care is now available in a country like India so doesnt matter if you are the only son or daughter, you will be able to provide all kinds of care to your parents in India. If you try to bad quality you application, you may be facing a jail term as UKBA investigates this kinds of application in detail in every country. They have their authorized agents in all countries, who goes to your home and inquire every possible things.

Good luck and be honest