ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why we need to send last 5 years P60's or equivalent?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

matiq

Why we need to send last 5 years P60's or equivalent?

Post by matiq » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am going to ILR using form SET (O).

I have red on forums that we should provide last 5 years P60's or equivalent to show that you are financially active etc. I cannot find anywhere in form asking for it.

Can someone guide please???

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:29 am

The form doesn't ask for it, but the Rules say so. it is up to you how you want to show that you meet the conditions set in the Rules.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

[iD]

Re: Why we need to send last 5 years P60's or equivalent?

Post by [iD] » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:11 am

matiq wrote:Hi Gurus,

I have red on forums that we should provide last 5 years P60's or equivalent to show that you are financially active etc. I cannot find anywhere in form asking for it.

Thanks

Depends which category you're applying from. For Tier 1 it's not required but for WP holders you need to show that you've been employed for the entire period since your visa was issued on the condition that you would be employed by a certain employer.
Goodluck.

humanvoid

Post by humanvoid » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:36 am

[iD] wrote: Depends which category you're applying from. For Tier 1 it's not required but for WP holders you need to show that you've been employed for the entire period since your visa was issued on the condition that you would be employed by a certain employer.[/color]
Thanks for answering, can you please provide reference as well?

akash08

Post by akash08 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:25 am

matiq wrote:Hi Gurus,

Thanks
P60 is not necessary. Not only that, it will never be asked unless you like to voluntarily show them for nothing.

P60 was mandatory once upon a time and people simply can not come out of the hangover. I have been worried about this for long but then like you, I read each and every rule, read 100(s) of experience in this forum, spoke to friends who got ILR and was sure it is just a fuss!!

Be very very sure, P60 is a myth!!

fiestadreamz
Newly Registered

Post by fiestadreamz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Akash,

I am a Tier 2 Visa Holder, If P60 is not required, what is important. Sorry if this is answered anywhere else, would appreciate if you can point me to the links.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:16 pm

humanvoid wrote:
[iD] wrote: Depends which category you're applying from. For Tier 1 it's not required but for WP holders you need to show that you've been employed for the entire period since your visa was issued on the condition that you would be employed by a certain employer.[/color]
Thanks for answering, can you please provide reference as well?
Provide you a reference of something that's not needed? (:
Goodluck.

saran79
United Kingdom

Post by saran79 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:01 pm

i applied as t1 g. i did not provide any p60s.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:42 pm

matiq wrote:I am going to ILR using form SET (O).

It's true that the form or guidance does not explicitly state that P60's are required. Depending on the immigration category you are applying for ILR under, there are instances where you are asked to prove that you have been economically active during your 5 year residency. One way to do this (and the easiest) is to provide your employment history from HMRC or your P60's covering this period.

There are instances where case workers have not asked for this, and others where they have. So to avoid possible problems its recommended that you take either your HMRC employment history or P60's with you to provide, in the event they are requested.