ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fedupwithwhiningpeople
BANNED

Post by Fedupwithwhiningpeople » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:19 pm

luckyjinx wrote:Yes, I can work here in YOUR country (how Daily Mail) while waiting because over the last 3 years I jumped through all the right hoops, and have already paid thousands to the UKBA and many more thousands in taxes, to EARN the right to do so. It's not something I take for granted or am ungrateful for. Everyone else who just happens to be in the same circumstance had to earn and pay for the right as well. What's wrong with that? Since when does earning money make it so that someone doesn't have the right to complain about a stressful situation?

And let me ask you something. My grandfather died last month, and I obviously was unable to be with my family and go to the funeral because of the UKBA. Do I have still no right to complain about the hardships I'm experiencing as a result of the wait? Or is that okay in the books of the self-appointed complaints police? Really, why don't you lay out for us when it's okay to be human and have a little whinge? And if complaining is so bad, why are you complaining about people complaining? Come off your high horse, seriously.

What helpful information do you have to share with the group today? :roll:

Not saying that you don't have any rights....and as for taxes, yes darn right that you have to pay them, like we all do in the UK.

I just happen to have paid my taxes all my life for everyone to school here. So please don't tell me about going through the right loop holes!

As for paying money to get a visa, We all pay the same. infact I would beg to differ as my taxes ( as you put it) I have paid over 30 years! And employed staff in my business and paid extra business tax. So Yes I am fed up with people like you! Who think that they have a right to tell people "If you jump through the right holes like you did, they will get somewhere" Well you are so wrong!
That gives the wrong impression to people, who have done everything right as well and are still waiting...does that make you superior. Life is not like that here. 3 years does not make a lifetime.

Smile....life is far to short...that is my tip for you today!

BTW so Daily Mail.
As for Premium service, My only wish I had....I won't have to hear about negative people or self indulgent people.

bustednotch

Post by bustednotch » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Can we please keep this to the topic of FLR(M) waiting times? I'm sure there are other people like myself who aren't interested in reading this back and forth stuff, let's keep it to the main topic - start a new post if you want to have a discussion.

Everyone has got their own battles to face, comparing them is a dangerous game.

Thanks!

backagain

Post by backagain » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:21 pm

The HASC issued two more reports on 19 December regarding the work of the UKBA. Thought I'd share something that may offer some insight to the delays.
Conclusion / recommendation 14 (This is the HASC recommendation)
We recognise that the changes to the family route may have precipitated an increase in applications before the changes come into force, but we are concerned that resource is being concentrated in some areas at the expense of others and we will expect evidence on this point when Mr Whiteman next appears before the Committee. We hope that in its efforts to address individual problem areas the Agency is not causing backlogs to
build in others.

Government response (This is the UKBA response)
We deploy our resources flexibly to offer the best possible service across a range of immigration categories. We make regular adjustments to our resource deployment plans to ensure that we strike the best balance across all routes. As well as seeing unusually high numbers of applications earlier this year – particularly before the closure of Tier 1 Post Study Work and before the changes to the Family routes — we must also deal with a number of seasonal fluctuations in volumes (students, Highly Trusted Sponsors etc) and with the peaks and troughs in the four year sponsor licence cycle.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... 25/825.pdf

The transparent response here by the UKBA validates my conjecture and an insider insight. A major change to immigration policy was implemented in July. Several months before any change, the UKBA is historically swamped with applications that could fail to extend or convert. The changes in July were significant enough to evoke what the UKBA referred to as an "unusually high number" of applications. Combine all the other issues of Olympics, reduced staff, etc and you have a perfect storm of application overload previous to the July changes.

For those of us over six months (March - June) we simply got caught up in a wave of applications trying to beat the July date. I suspect the numbers of accepted, declined, or other applications for that time frame won't be available until well into 2013. The UKBA are aware of this and are taking their time on the mountain of applications rather than the blanket immunity MPs were suggesting might occur. We are seeing trickles of Q1-Q2 approvals because of the frequent redeployment of resources.

Sadly, you folks that applied after the July changes have experienced the other side of the mountain. I cannot believe that it is taking months to get a biometrics appointment or acknowledgement letter. So what is the reason for that?

Fast on the heels of the 9 July changes came a 56-page Statement of changes in Immigration Rules HC 565 - September 2012 (http://preview.tinyurl.com/ccsxq3z) . Those folks submitting between 9 July and 5 Sept? You got stuck in another wave. Fingers crossed that those letters will start flying out soon. It must be maddening not to even have a letter of acknowledgement. (see my earlier post for that suggestion)

Lastly, it appears that the student conversion to FLR(M) is a hot topic here. I think the HASC report has your answer. Why does it seem that laws, rules, and processing of visas are being bent for students? Here is your answer from the above report:

Conclusion / recommendation 11
We are pleased to see that students remain a core part of the migrant flow into the UK. The UK has a market in international higher education worth £7.9bn and it is important that we continue to encourage this sector to flourish.
Where I think there is frustration among nationals is that the UKBA consider students as migrants not immigrants. The government wants your money, they just don't want you to stay.

Oh, one more reference. Theresa May's comments on what changes she intends to implement soon are worth taking a look at.http://preview.tinyurl.com/cqtnlvf
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

Newly Registered

Merry xmas

Post by 1314 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:14 am

hi all,
Merry Christmas.
It's going to be my best xmas gift ever!
Just got a letter from UKBA said a biometric card will arrived soon. Hope to get it ASAP. cant wait!
thanks everyone for posting so much information here.
My timeline as below:

date submitted:28march 2012
Biometric enrolment: Around 16 april2012
Requested sponsor's passport :01 oct
sponsor passport received:7 oct (quite quick)
other sposor original doc received:15 oct 2012
doc recieved: 24 nov 2012
BRP: soon

good luck everyone!

Newly Registered

Post by 1314 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:18 am

also as mentioned by others,
it was signed by temporary migration team 22.

not until i got my BRP I will feel relief...

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Merry xmas

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:28 am

1314 wrote: date submitted:28march 2012
U mean 24/Dec/2012?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Fedupwithwhiningpeople
BANNED

Post by Fedupwithwhiningpeople » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:50 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
1314 wrote: date submitted:28march 2012
U mean 24/Dec/2012?

I am so happy for you ...Happy Christmas:-) That has made my day for you

Love always...keep smiling

Fedupwithwhiningpeople
BANNED

Post by Fedupwithwhiningpeople » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:53 am

1314 wrote:hi all,
Merry Christmas.
It's going to be my best xmas gift ever!
Just got a letter from UKBA said a biometric card will arrived soon. Hope to get it ASAP. cant wait!
thanks everyone for posting so much information here.
My timeline as below:

date submitted:28march 2012

Hi did you mean the 24th Dec? Not the 24th Nov...That is really exciting ...happy christmas x

good luck everyone!

backagain

Post by backagain » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:54 pm

1314 wrote:It's going to be my best xmas gift ever!
Yeah 1314! Can't tell you how happy we are for you. Also it bodes well for us as my biometric was completed around the same time as yours. Fingers crossed that I have stuff in 2012. Your story has given me another sparkle of hope.

Go and enjoy life!
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

rosefawkes
Newly Registered

Post by rosefawkes » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Well said, Luckyjinks!

While I can empathize with Fedup, being in the same situation (still waiting after 8 months, also on a fiance visa), this is where we can seek support.
Everyone's experience is going to be different, and maybe it's not fair, but life isn't fair. I truly believe everything happens the way it does because it is supposed to.

That said, my jaw dropped when I saw CDNgirl's time line! WOW! congrats! This is similar to the timelines of a year ago...
Could be a very positive sign for the rest of us.

I do wonder about the possibility of reform to the Fiance Visa, though. It is especially tough to move to a new country, start over with someone you love, and have your entire career derailed for a year. It is a huge financial hardship, as well as emotional; and if you happen to have a slight workaholic tendency, it can border on devastating. We should be allowed to work, at least part-time on this visa.

As it was mentioned many times before, being proactive and productive, and positive in any way you can will be a useful anchor to sanity while waiting to get your life back.

Thank you to everyone for sharing and helping where you do!

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks rosefawkes!

I am in just as much shock as you!! Here's hoping that the ball starts rolling and approvals will start being put through very soon for everyone still waiting. 2013 will be a good year for us all! Keep you heads up!

Newly Registered

Post by 1314 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:31 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
U mean 24/Dec/2012?

yes, it is 24 dec 2012. sorry for the typo.
having switching from fiancee visa and waited almost 9 months unemployed, and missed 2 jobs offer, I truly understand how anxious it is when you see ppl who applied later got their visas. no matter what reasons behind this, we just need to wait for our turn.

Backagain, I believe you will get yours very soon.

Goodluck everyone![/quote]

crowline

Post by crowline » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:55 pm

congs 1314, xmas presents dont get better! just got home to a royal mail "something for you" slip. unfortunately local office is closed now so gota wait until thursday. considering i am an april applicant and havent ordered anything online in ages, it's got to be ukba. i hope its not a request for more documents as i will go mad!! does anyone know if "request for additional documents" letter also requires a signature?? dont want to over inflate my hope [/quote]

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Crowline wrote:
does anyone know if "request for additional documents" letter also requires a signature?? dont want to over inflate my hope
Hey Crowline, I don't believe a request for more documents letter would require a signature as they would just pop it though the post.

Fingers crossed for you on Thursday and it's your approval letter and documents!! Let us know once you pick it up!! You know what you could do...did you send a tracking number postage sticker for the documents to be returned? If so, just go to track and trace on the royal mail website and you will be able to see if it has been sent!!

Also, congrats 1314!

ID29

Post by ID29 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:10 pm

CDNgirl wrote:... I am in just as much shock as you!!
We had the good news a month ago and the shock is only just wearing off, its a great feeling that's for sure.

Congrats to all those getting their well deserved xmas present and I sincerely hope other remaining spring/summer applicants get something special in the new year too.

Merry Christmas to you all.

John

crowline

Post by crowline » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:34 pm

thx CDNgirl! wil jst wait for thursday and cross the river wen I get there. will keep y'all posted. MERRY XMAS

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Hello friends,

we have just received my wife Passport today.

the timeline is

FLR M Submitted: 06/08/2012
Payment: 08/08/2012
Acknowledgment received : 10/08/2012
Biometrics invitation: 15/10/2012
Biometrics enrolled: 15/10/2012
Documents returned: 24/12/12 via recorded delivery in the morning.
BRP arrived: 24/12/12 later in the afternoon by courier.

Kaolo
Newly Registered

The waiting continues

Post by Kaolo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:10 am

Hello,

I have been following this thread for about a year now, and i have decided today to create an account, share my timeline and sit with you all in the waiting room.

My application is about to hit the 6 months bar ;)

Congratulations to all those who have received their visas.
-

Flr m posted on the 26 june 2012
Ack letter received, dated 29 june.
Biometric letter dated 8 aug.
Biometric enrolled on the 13 aug at holborn post office.
Requested spouse's passport 1 november.
Passport received 10 december ( letter dated 7 november).

The waiting Continues...

From Tier 4 Student.

-

My passport was valid at the time of the application (just over a month) , i have applied and received a new one from the high commision.

I have the feeling that they will send a letter asking for the new passport.

Good luck everyone.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: The waiting continues

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:12 am

Kaolo wrote: Flr m posted on the 26 june 2012
Ack letter received, dated 29 june.
Biometric letter dated 8 aug.
Biometric enrolled on the 13 aug at holborn post office.
Requested spouse's passport 1 november.
Passport received 10 december ( letter dated 7 november).

The waiting Continues....
Welcome to the club and thank you for sharing your timeline. I've updated your details on SkyDrive

To Edit the SkyDrive

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

wing5151wing
Newly Registered

Post by wing5151wing » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:09 pm

backagain wrote:
wing5151wing wrote:I applied Partner Visa. Of course I did not applied Tier4 student visa! My solicitor contacted UKBA but they did not explain why they send me two visas..... Luckily I can keep my partner visa and just return my new T4 visa.[/b]
What a frustrating and scary experience. So glad it worked out for you. Must have been the planetary alignment :)
Happy Christmas to all!!

I met my solicitor and received my documents and biometric card just before Christmas.
I am sorry I did not explain a lot of my case.

I applied FLR(M) from Tier4 General student visa.
My Tier4 visa expired day was 30th Jan 2014 but my course finish 30th September 2014 and my previous school is Highly trusted.
So my solicitor said that is why UKBA renew my T4 visa automatically.

Luckily I received both visa on same day! Imagine If I received T4 visa first!!

UKBA said I can choose one visa so Of course I choose Partner visa!!
now I start preparing to resident visa in 2years!

I really wish all hear from UKBA soon and good luck!!

crowline

Post by crowline » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:13 pm

just got home to a royal mail "something for you" slip. [quote]

got it! finally!! after 8months of uncertainity i've been taken outa my misery. thanks y'all for support. did my biometrics on 26th april b.t.w. i'll stick around forum for another week incase anyone got question

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:11 pm

hi rowline congrats what a present you got .. :)
can u tell your time line please? it would realy help.
did they ask you for any additional docs?

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:13 pm

*crowline

ID29

Post by ID29 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:33 pm

crowline wrote:got it! finally!!
Congrats. I thought you were due to hear something :D

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Hi

Post by mrsabih » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi guyz just to give u all good hope
Today i called ukba and they said they are sending me my Biometric letter
Its good news for me here is my time line

FLRM submitted 19th october 2012
Ack letter received 1st november 2012
Biometric letter sent out as per ukba 27th december

I am praying for all

Just to let you know 10 days ago i involved my mp she send letter to head of immigration to speed up my case and also i send written complaint to ukba lunar house and shefield aswell and i send email to ukba aswell
I recently received 1 letter from ukba that they will respond my complaint resoulation by 4th jan 2013 and today i just called and they said your bio letter is created and it will receive in next week
Do good and get reward