ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor traffic offence & confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KTM
Newly Registered

Minor traffic offence & confusion

Post by KTM » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi all

I had a very minor collision with a stationary car in a car park in 2011 but i did report to the police and they asked me to bring all paper like V5,MOT,insurence certificate in the police station so I did. After 2 weeks they send me a letter saying that 'no further action will be taken'. My ILR is due early next year. Do I need to mention this in set(O) form? Does this cause any problem in my ILR?

Really appreciate your suggestions

Thanks in advance

Regards

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:55 pm

So did you got any fine or points on your licence? If there was no court proceedings and you were not convicted then I don't think you have any conviction.

KTM
Newly Registered

Post by KTM » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:49 pm

Thank you Simi UK

No, I haven't got any fine or points in my licence nor any court proceedings.
Couldn't find any thread like this in this forum, wondering whether i need to declare it in set o form or not?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:00 pm

If no points have been endorsed on your licence and no further action was taken. You don't need to mention it as it won't come in any of CRB checks etc. Goodluck

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:57 am

KTM wrote:Thank you Simi UK

No, I haven't got any fine or points in my licence nor any court proceedings.
Couldn't find any thread like this in this forum, wondering whether i need to declare it in set o form or not?
This means you don't have any conviction and there is nothing that you will have to declare!!

KTM
Newly Registered

Post by KTM » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:47 am

Thank you Simi uk & gagan1986 for your sugestions.

Does no further action letter means there is no any record held ? any idea?

Simi UK

Post by Simi UK » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:08 am

KTM wrote:Thank you Simi uk & gagan1986 for your sugestions.

Does no further action letter means there is no any record held ? any idea?
Best thing to confirm is Acro or Scotish disclosure.

tashfeen
Newly Registered

County Court Judgement

Post by tashfeen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:04 am

Hi,

I am currently on a WP issued in Feb 2008 and will be applying for my ILR by the end of Jan 2013.

I've a county court judgement against me, which was issued back in 2007 (before the work permit was issued). It was a case of "Identity Fraud" and someone had rented the accommodation in my name but with completely different signatures to mine. I came to know about it while I was renting a house in 2009. I investigated the case and to make things easier for me made the payments (which was for an outstanding water bill on the property) as I thought there was not point in fighting it.

Do you guys think I should mention it in my ILR?

Many thanks for your help!

Tashfeen

tashfeen
Newly Registered

Response need ...

Post by tashfeen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Seniors/Moderators Response needed to my above and this post please?

Also, I had speeding conviction but was never fined or got the points. I instead opted for the "Speeding Awareness Course" and attended the course in June 2011. Do you guys think I should mention it? Will it effect my application?

Thanks once again,

Simi UK

Re: Response need ...

Post by Simi UK » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:25 pm

tashfeen wrote:Seniors/Moderators Response needed to my above and this post please?

Also, I had speeding conviction but was never fined or got the points. I instead opted for the "Speeding Awareness Course" and attended the course in June 2011. Do you guys think I should mention it? Will it effect my application?

Thanks once again,
Best thing to know that you have a criminal conviction recorded or not is get Scotish Disclosure or ACRO done. If your offence is recorded then you need to mention. As far as the identity fraud case is concerned, I don't have any clue. May be senior members help you.

tashfeen
Newly Registered

Post by tashfeen » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Simi - much appreciated!

I tried ACRO and Scotish Disclosure website yesterday and was thinking about giving ACRO a call tomorrow - they seem more relevant agency to get in touch with regards to it.

What I gather from their website is that to get the certificate you've to pay or did I miss something?