ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I subject to old law or new law?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scan87

Am I subject to old law or new law?

Post by scan87 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Hello mods and fellow members,

I had applied for a fiance visa in December 2011 and then I was refused the visa.....after that I had appealed.....and on October 2012 I received the visa......I am currently in the UK......I am going to apply for FLR(M) now.....Now my question is am I subject to the new law or the old law?

Thank you very much for your help. :)

ID29

Post by ID29 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:07 pm

I believe you have been a continuous 'path to settlement' since your first application and therefore you fall under the old rules. I recall some months ago a debate about whether an appeal would reset the clock but apparently it doesn't.

scan87

Post by scan87 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:02 pm

ID29 wrote:I believe you have been a continuous 'path to settlement' since your first application and therefore you fall under the old rules. I recall some months ago a debate about whether an appeal would reset the clock but apparently it doesn't.
Thank you very much for the clarification.