ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inquiry by IPS regarding Address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ftse100

Inquiry by IPS regarding Address

Post by ftse100 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Dear Members

I applied for my first passport after naturalisation on 14 December 2012.

I received a letter today by IPS saying that they were unable to contact me on my mobile number (I provided) to discuss my Passport application. I phoned them asking the reason and the person on the other side asked me about my details and informed me that my application would not processed until I send them the proof of address or any tenancy agreement for my current residential address. Actually, I mentioned on my application form in Section 8 about my permanent address which was different from my current residential address. He firmly asked why I was living at different address? I said, there was some work going on at my permanent address. He asked me if it was a council construction work? which I said, No. He further asked for a tenancy agreement, any bill or any proof confirming my address. I informed him that I have nothing except Royalmail redirection letter confirming my redirection service and UKBA citizenship Invitation letter. He then advised to send both original proofs with a confirmation letter written by myself.

Has Anyone had this experience before? And why the person wanted to know why I am living at different address, because there could be 100 of reasons? My friend had the same case but he never mentioned in Section 8 about permanent address and his application got through very smoothly even he had no redirection set up.

Cheers

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:24 pm

They are concerned about Identity theft. Someone claims to be you but provides a different address for the passport to be delivered to.

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:13 pm

Thank you very much, Jambo.

Do you see these proofs enough? I totally agree with your point of Identity theft, but only one thing bothered me that him asking the reason. I had no problems of telling him. However, if I am asked to prove the reason then it would be hard for me to prove it. I did not mention the reason in the confirmation letter though.

Please give your thoughts on that.

Cheers

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:53 pm

No idea if that would be enough. I guess he was asking for a reason as part of his effort to assess your identity. IPS customer service are very useful. I guess if they have doubt about your identity, they can verify that in the interview but there is still a process to follow if the application is not a standard one.

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:55 pm

To find out if those proofs were enough, I will have to wait for few days now.

I got your point which you referred to interview thing, but that step is yet to come and I still expect my documents to be returned.

I appreciate your view.

Thank you.

trs2011
- thin ice -

Post by trs2011 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:15 am

ftse100 wrote:Thank you very much, Jambo.

Do you see these proofs enough? I totally agree with your point of Identity theft, but only one thing bothered me that him asking the reason. I had no problems of telling him. However, if I am asked to prove the reason then it would be hard for me to prove it. I did not mention the reason in the confirmation letter though.

Please give your thoughts on that.

Cheers
Mate , ID fraud is the biggest problem in our society and i totally agree with IPS . Its hard to understand why someone would live somewhere and want the documents sent somewhere as Jambo said , they are concerned about your identity . You may find it hard to understand but its for your own good , but don't worry as long as its you , that would be fine in the end . Merry Christmas ...

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks trs2011 for your kind thoughts. I hope everything works out well in the end.

Merry Christmas!