ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa-subsequent visit-how long between trips??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t_kaay

visitor visa-subsequent visit-how long between trips??

Post by t_kaay » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:28 pm

hi all,
my sister in law applied for a 6 month family visitor visa in Sept 2005. It was initially refused as the ECO in Islamabad didn't believe she had any intention to return, despite her having a job/savings/family etc. After appeal the visa was granted and she visited us July 2006. She returned to Pakistan in Dec 2006, within her 6 months validity. Her original application was to come and be with us for New Year, but due to the refusal this wasn't possible. Subsequently, due to the timing of her winning her appeal and the date the visa was eventually issued, she couldn't stay for the following New Year either!!! So my question is this...can she reapply this July/August to come again to be here next New Year?.....I think I read there needs to be a gap of 6 months between visits....she would like to come in August as I am going out there and she can travel back to the UK with me.

Also-I have heard that subsequent visitors returning within 2 years don't need to provide as much evidence, only the application form? Has anyone else heard this??

Thanks for any advice