ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Income Tier 1 Ext (Application Form Paragraph J5)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

octupuse
Newly Registered

Overseas Income Tier 1 Ext (Application Form Paragraph J5)

Post by octupuse » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Hello,

I am currently seeking extension for my current UK Tier 1 (General) visa which expires in March 2013, initially granted in 2009.

I have noticed that on paragraph (J5 Table) of the current Tier 1 General application form; Country of Earnings was defined as "this is the country where the work was physically carried out".

Does this mean that to claim overseas income, one has to be physically present overseas and physically carry out the work overseas?

Thanks

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:21 am

I have been thinking about this as well. But I dont think one has to be physically there. Like in my own case, I live in the UK and render services to my clients overseas. My clients pay into my account overseas.

Michael2012
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Income Tier 1 Ext (Application Form Paragraph J

Post by Michael2012 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:40 pm

octupuse wrote:Hello,

I am currently seeking extension for my current UK Tier 1 (General) visa which expires in March 2013, initially granted in 2009.

I have noticed that on paragraph (J5 Table) of the current Tier 1 General application form; Country of Earnings was defined as "this is the country where the work was physically carried out".

Does this mean that to claim overseas income, one has to be physically present overseas and physically carry out the work overseas?

Thanks

Well spotted, personally i don't know the answer but i wouldn't be surprised if that's what the HO means. Hopefully you will get the correct answer but having noticed 68 views with 2 replies u might be better of phoning HO.

holla007

Post by holla007 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:20 am

hello guys, the rule is very simple, what they are saying is that there must be an evidence to show you are in that country atleast for a day during the period you said you carried out the job, and this will be confirmed on the stamps on your passport. e.g if you do a 2 weeks contract for a client in that country, you should at least be there for a day to see or meet with your clients. be on a saver side, try and visit your country once.

save

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:47 am

The significance of this question was to determine whether or not the uplift ratio could be used in initial applications. It was not for determining whether you could claim earnings or not, it was used to determine which ratio had to be used. You can claim overseas earnings. (For example, if you did some programming work in the UK and earned money in Canada, the answer to this question would be UK as this is where you physically did the work, even though you earned the money in CAD - or not).

holla007

Post by holla007 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 pm

hi mate, the guy is talking about extension not the initial application, we all know that the country where you are physically will determine the uplift ration in the initial application but in the extension stage where the ratio applies not, the HO want to be sure that you are not trying to avoid tax payment since they are much interested in the money than the actual job

be save