ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

we really need your advice please

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

john1978

we really need your advice please

Post by john1978 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 pm

hi .to all it is best site and best people ever i seen in ky life thanx to all. so i am eu citizen(british) working and live in germany over 2 years now and my wife and my child come from iraq orginaly thay come to germany as darective2004/38/ec now thay have recdence card. my brother in law is disable weelchir and my mother in law died years ago and my father in law recently died and now my wife went bak to iraq look after my brother in law my qoustion is can he be dependent ? and darective2004/38/ec well cover him? thank you very much for your info guyes.

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:28 am

Marhaba!

I guess you would need evidence of his dependency on you, including Financially. Do you have any evidence of this?

john1978

Post by john1978 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 am

marhaba ,thanx for fast respond SRAQAI . that is what i want to really now what kind of evidence do i need show please if you can expline more thank you very much

SRAQAI

Post by SRAQAI » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:05 am

john1978 wrote:marhaba ,thanx for fast respond SRAQAI . that is what i want to really now what kind of evidence do i need show please if you can expline more thank you very much
Well, if you can show that you have been sending money to Iraq on a frequent basis, for example, that would work at evidence. Bank statements showing transfers to your brother in law's bank account for example. Maybe a letter from a Dr, stating that he needs constant personal care and you need to show that there is no one else in Iraq (family) who can provide this personal care, apart from your wife. If you want to show that your mother and father in-law took care of your brother in law, before they passed away, then you can write a letter stating this, along with copies of death certificates and explaining that your brother in law in living alone. The application may be stronger, if your wife can show evidence that she has been traveling to Iraq on a regular basis (passport Iraq entry stamps etc). Things like this can show evidence that he is dependent on you.

Hope this helps.

sum1
- thin ice -

Post by sum1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:45 am

The Germans accept dependency for family members who are not related in a direct line only in very exceptional circumstances if I remember correctly. At least that was the situation a year or two ago. Anyway, you would be better off asking this question on a German specific forum, e.g. info4alien.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:45 pm

thank you very much we try see what happen