ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success(Tier1) @ Solihull - 24/12/12

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DayDream

ILR Success(Tier1) @ Solihull - 24/12/12

Post by DayDream » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi All

Just wanted to share my experience, as I was successfully granted ILR today at Solihull PEO.

Overall a very good experience at this PEO, as it is very compact and quite relaxed compared to Croydon.

Appointment at 10 AM:

I reached there by 9.15 and they handed me a token and asked me to wait until I get called by the case worker.

10:05 - I was called in by the caseworker and he was a very friendly guy. He said he will validate my application first and asked me to hand over the form and passport to start with.

10:10 - Asked my LIUK pass certificate and he didn't offer me the score and I didn't want to know either.

10:15 - He figured out that my earnings are through my limited company and asked me what sort of services I provide through my company. I told him Im an IT consultant and he quickly nodded his head and moved on.

10:20 - He asked if I had letter from accountant and I handed him the letters with copies. He said he will take the originals, as they were addressed to the Homeoffice. So he returned the copies to me.

10:25 - He asked for dividend vouchers, payslips, personal bank statements and I gave all of them along with copies.

10:30 - He verified the bank statements, I already used a highlighter pen so it was easy for him to spot the transactions.

10:35 - At this point, he told me he is happy with the application and not looking for anything more. Also he said since I gave him the photocopies for all the documents it wont take long for them to give my decision. But he asked me to wait in the waiting area for payment and biometric.

10:40 - At a different counter, I went to make the payment and I was told that the debit card is not needed for processing the payment. They told me that the payment will be processed using the details from the form.

10:45 - Returned to waiting area

10:50 - Called for bio metric and it took less than 5 minutes

10:55 - Returned to waiting area

11:00 - I was informed that it wont take more than 30 minutes and If i wanted I can go for a short break outside

I went out to have a coffee/sandwich and returned sharp at 11.30.

11.30 - The security asked my token number and said the case has not come yet, but by the time he finished saying this one guy came in and handed over my documents.

11:35 - I was informed that the case is approved and will receive the bimoetric in 7-10 days.

11:40 - I took sometime to check if i got all the documents back, the information on the approval letter is fine etc and gave them their feedback too.

Useful information/tips:
> Used latest application form.
> I applied exactly 28 days before my visa expiry.
> I prepared a covering letter, but CW didn't ask for it.
> I had SP50 traffic offence(fine/points issued at court) in 2009, but not even a single question was asked. I had a clean CRB and PNC, but the caseworker did not even want to see this or he was not interested in this (this was one thing I was worried for months, but I was surprised that it didn't cause me any problem)
> I had < 180 days absence in total and all absences were <90 days at a stretch. But this too turned out to be a trivial aspect as the caseworker did not raise any question on my absences. I had both family & business visits.
I did not tick anything in section 6.3, as i thought this was not relevant to tier1
> Im limited company director and the caseworker was keen to see one or two HMRC letters as proof of my payments. I had my corporation tax payment receipt and he accepted it.
> No P60s, previous employment details asked
> No previous immigration approval letters asked
> No business bank statements asked

I could see the home office staff were all happy as its xmas tomorrow and I thought I couldn't have booked a better day for my ILR appointment ;)

Will be happy to answer any questions.

Good Luck!!

Merry christmas

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:34 pm

congrats, i am on the same boat, i will apply from solihull in feb as a limited company director. can you please tell us about your holidays. thats a worrying thing now for tier1 general. how many holidays you took, more then 180 or less. thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Congrats on getting your ILR and thanks for sharing your PEO experience.
gaboon_viper wrote:can you please tell us about your holidays. thats a worrying thing now for tier1 general. how many holidays you took, more then 180 or less.
The answer to your question has already been provided. See below:
DayDream wrote: > I had < 180 days absence in total and all absences were <90 days at a stretch. But this too turned out to be a trivial aspect as the caseworker did not raise any question on my absences. I had both family & business visits.
I did not tick anything in section 6.3, as i thought this was not relevant to tier1

dansid
Newly Registered

Post by dansid » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:48 am

Congratz on getting ILR

I have got two question as i would also be applying for my ILR on 8 Jan 2013.

1. As you have indicated that you didn't ticked any box in Section 6.3 but still did you prepared any evidence for your absence during these 5 years?

2. What did you showed as evidence for finance for last 3 months (as asked in Section 11A) ?

stokbrig

Re: ILR Success(Tier1) @ Solihull - 24/12/12

Post by stokbrig » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 am

[quote="DayDream"]Hi All

I had SP50 traffic offence(fine/points issued at court) in 2009, but not even a single question was asked. I had a clean CRB and PNC, but the caseworker did not even want to see this or he was not interested in this (this was one thing I was worried for months, but I was surprised that it didn't cause me any problem)

Congratulation.
1-Did you declare it in the form? According to the following new rule you are safe, though, your criminal record is clean!
(iv) they have, within the 24 months preceding the date of the application, been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they have received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record.”
How did you get clean CRB and PNC while you had an offence went through court?Does this mean that FPNs including court issued FPNs are not recorded on a person's "criminal record".
2- please advise on your experience at croydon,
Thanks

please advise