ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some clarifications in Set(o) new form please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthikmsuk
Newly Registered

Need some clarifications in Set(o) new form please

Post by karthikmsuk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:19 am

I am using the new Set(o) form & have following queries.
1. Section 6.2 : i have checked my passport & there is no stamp(date) for outgoing journey(no date stamp in heathrow) though i have the date/stamp on destination country & on return to heathrow. Is this ok?
2. Section 6.3 : i am on tier1(hsmp 2yrs + tier1 3yrs) & have less than 100 days of absence, should i still fill section 6.3(get letter from employer)
3. Section 7.11 : How long have you lived in UK?(Yrs + Months) : should this period be the valid visa period(5 yrs, in my case 25/01/2008 - 25/01/2013) or from the date of first entry(20/02/2008). Also should we calculate the end date till end of visa(25/01/2013) or till my visa interview date(31/12/2012)
4. Section 9 : Points scoring assessment : Section D1 in this asks us to confirm whether we stayed continuos 5 yrs lawfully in UK.In my case as stated in quest 3 i have come 25 days late from the Visa start date, should i confirm this as Yes?
5. For Cohab documents i am submitting Council tax for last 4 years(has both my name & wife's name), Marriage certificate & Bank Statement of my Wife's from Aug 2009 till dec 2012. Is that ok, or should i need more documents?

alok_singh

Re: Need some clarifications in Set(o) new form please

Post by alok_singh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:29 am

karthikmsuk wrote:I am using the new Set(o) form & have following queries.
1. Section 6.2 : i have checked my passport & there is no stamp(date) for outgoing journey(no date stamp in heathrow) though i have the date/stamp on destination country & on return to heathrow. Is this ok?
This is how it should be
karthikmsuk wrote: 2. Section 6.3 : i am on tier1(hsmp 2yrs + tier1 3yrs) & have less than 100 days of absence, should i still fill section 6.3(get letter from employer)
your is a clear case better if you can provided the letter from employer ebut even if you dont have you should be fine as long as no single absense is more than 90days
karthikmsuk wrote: 3. Section 7.11 : How long have you lived in UK?(Yrs + Months) : should this period be the valid visa period(5 yrs, in my case 25/01/2008 - 25/01/2013) or from the date of first entry(20/02/2008). Also should we calculate the end date till end of visa(25/01/2013) or till my visa interview date(31/12/2012)
No. start date is date of first entry in UK. last date is date of your application
karthikmsuk wrote: 4. Section 9 : Points scoring assessment : Section D1 in this asks us to confirm whether we stayed continuos 5 yrs lawfully in UK.In my case as stated in quest 3 i have come 25 days late from the Visa start date, should i confirm this as Yes?
up to 90days can be disregarded from the time of initial entry clearance and first entry as per the guidelines
karthikmsuk wrote: 5. For Cohab documents i am submitting Council tax for last 4 years(has both my name & wife's name), Marriage certificate & Bank Statement of my Wife's from Aug 2009 till dec 2012. Is that ok, or should i need more documents?
Most document which has common address can be used as Cohab proof.
except your telephone bills

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:40 am

You should be able to complete this to the best of your knowledge, using other means of validation, eg boarding passes, email ticket confirmations, etc.
2. Section 6.3 : i am on tier1(hsmp 2yrs + tier1 3yrs) & have less than 100 days of absence, should i still fill section 6.3(get letter from employer)
If the question applies to you, YES. Q 6.3 is not qualified with a absence duration or limit.
3. Section 7.11 : How long have you lived in UK?(Yrs + Months) : should this period be the valid visa period(5 yrs, in my case 25/01/2008 - 25/01/2013) or from the date of first entry(20/02/2008). Also should we calculate the end date till end of visa(25/01/2013) or till my visa interview date(31/12/2012)
4. Section 9 : Points scoring assessment : Section D1 in this asks us to confirm whether we stayed continuos 5 yrs lawfully in UK.In my case as stated in quest 3 i have come 25 days late from the Visa start date, should i confirm this as Yes?
5. For Cohab documents i am submitting Council tax for last 4 years(has both my name & wife's name), Marriage certificate & Bank Statement of my Wife's from Aug 2009 till dec 2012. Is that ok, or should i need more documents?
Get a couple more from different sources.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

karthikmsuk
Newly Registered

Post by karthikmsuk » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks a lot for quick reply
I haven't understood section 6.3 still, sorry could you please explain once more. i have total of 81 days(4 trips totally) in the last 5 years & i am on Tier1 Visa, should i still get a letter from employer stating this absence.

Have got one more doubt, On going through the stamps in my passport i observed that the arrival stamp at netherlands was wrong. We departed UK on 18/06/2010(no stamp for this) & arrived netherlands same day 18/06/2010, but they have stamped it as 17/06/2010. Our Visa itself was valid only from 18/06/2010. I am quite nervous what to do now, can some one please help me out as i am going for PEO in a weeks time.

I managed to find ryanair's confirmation email of our tickets, will this be of any help?

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
You should be able to complete this to the best of your knowledge, using other means of validation, eg boarding passes, email ticket confirmations, etc.
If the question applies to you, YES. Q 6.3 is not qualified with a absence duration or limit.

karthikmsuk
Newly Registered

Post by karthikmsuk » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Could some one help me please
karthikmsuk wrote:Thanks a lot for quick reply
I haven't understood section 6.3 still, sorry could you please explain once more. i have total of 81 days(4 trips totally) in the last 5 years & i am on Tier1 Visa, should i still get a letter from employer stating this absence.

Have got one more doubt, On going through the stamps in my passport i observed that the arrival stamp at netherlands was wrong. We departed UK on 18/06/2010(no stamp for this) & arrived netherlands same day 18/06/2010, but they have stamped it as 17/06/2010. Our Visa itself was valid only from 18/06/2010. I am quite nervous what to do now, can some one please help me out as i am going for PEO in a weeks time.

I managed to find ryanair's confirmation email of our tickets, will this be of any help?

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:15 am

I haven't understood section 6.3 still, sorry could you please explain once more. i have total of 81 days(4 trips totally) in the last 5 years & i am on Tier1 Visa, should i still get a letter from employer stating this absence. For your own peace of mind, YES, if you can sort one out.

If you have proof of the 'correct date' mention that date. How long were you away for on this particular trip?

I managed to find ryanair's confirmation email of our tickets, will this be of any help? YES.

karthikmsuk
Newly Registered

Post by karthikmsuk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:20 am

Thanks wpilr_nov12

My HR is on holiday & i cant get an letter(my appointment is on Monday) :cry:

I was out for only 10 days 18/06/2010 till 28/06/2010

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
I haven't understood section 6.3 still, sorry could you please explain once more. i have total of 81 days(4 trips totally) in the last 5 years & i am on Tier1 Visa, should i still get a letter from employer stating this absence. For your own peace of mind, YES, if you can sort one out.

If you have proof of the 'correct date' mention that date. How long were you away for on this particular trip?

I managed to find ryanair's confirmation email of our tickets, will this be of any help? YES.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:58 am

Rule applicable to you (T1G)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

245CD-SD Specified documentsThe specified documents referred to in paragraph 245CD(j) (see below)are:

A personal letter from the applicant which includes full details of the reason for the absences and all original supporting documents in relation to those reasons - e.g. medical certificates, birth/death certificates, information about the reasons which led to the absence from the UK.

And 245CD(j): The applicant must provide the specified documents in paragraph 245CD-SD to evidence the reason for the absences set out in paragraph 245AAA (see below), where the absence was due to a serious or compelling reason.

And the superrule 245AAA. General requirements for indefinite leave to remain
For the purposes of references in this Part to requirements for indefinite leave to remain, except for those in paragraphs 245BF, 245DF and 245EF:

(a) "continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the UK" means residence in the United Kingdom for an unbroken period with valid leave, and for these purposes a period shall not be considered to have been broken where:

(i) the applicant has been absent from the UK for a period of 180 days or less in any of the five consecutive 12 month periods preceding the date of the application for leave to remain;

(ii) the applicant has existing limited leave to enter or remain upon their departure and return except that where that leave expired no more than 28 days prior to a further application for entry clearance, that period and any period pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period shall be disregarded; and

(iii) the applicant has any period of overstaying between periods of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain of up to 28 days and any period of overstaying pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period disregarded.

(b) Except for periods when the applicant had leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant, a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Migrant, a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant, a highly skilled migrant, a businessperson, an innovator, an investor, a self-employed lawyer or a writer, composer or artist:

(i) the applicant must have been employed in the UK continuously throughout the five years, under the terms of their Certificate of Sponsorship, work permit or in the employment for which they were given leave to enter or remain, except that any breaks in employment in which they applied for leave as a Tier 2 Migrant, or, under Tier 5 Temporary Worker (International Agreement) Migrant as a private servant in a diplomatic household, where in the latter case they applied to enter the UK before 6 April 2012, to work for a new employer shall be disregarded, provided this is within 60 days of the end of their employment with their previous employer or Sponsor; and

(ii) any absences from the UK during the five years must have been for a purpose that is consistent with the continuous employment in (i), including paid annual leave or for serious or compelling reasons.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 am

Based on the applicable rules, (above posted/pasted), a personal statement letter should be sufficient.

karthikmsuk
Newly Registered

Post by karthikmsuk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:29 am

Thanks a lot wpilr_nov12

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Based on the applicable rules, (above posted/pasted), a personal statement letter should be sufficient.