ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Family Visit Visa for Jamaican Spouse PLEASE HELP!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

London ChYck
Newly Registered

UK Family Visit Visa for Jamaican Spouse PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by London ChYck » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi,

I've been married for over 12 years to a Jamaican (I was born in UK), I ended our relationship (we've never divorced) in 2004/5, there were many contributing factors that caused me to do this, 5 years nursing someone through terminal cancer until their death, family pressure (they didn't like my Husband), grief, and trying to maintain a long distance relationship. Eventually I couldn't cope and was emotionally wrung out, so I decided to call time on our relationship (big mistake). I basically just got on with life focusing on going to College, Uni and working. I decided earlier this year that I'd get a divorce and finally close that chapter of my life. When I asked him for a divorce he said he wanted me back so we reconciled. We've been communicating solidly since Feb/March of this year and I went and spent some time with him. I shall be going over again in a few weeks, I would very much like him come back with me for a visit when I'm coming back see he can experience life here. Our ultimate goal is a Spouse Visa, for which I know he'd have to return to Jamaica in order to get it.

I have some questions if anyone can help me:

1) What are his chances of being granted a Visit Visa, he was refused Entry Clearance 3 times in the late 90's which is over 13 years ago. and hasn't applied for any sort of visa for any country since then.

2) What do I need to provide as his Sponsor, should we include photo's (there aren't many)?

3) How should I word the Sponsorship/Invitation letter (any templates?) and what shouldn't I disclose?

3) If the Visa Application is filed at end of Jan, would the decision be made by the end of March or am I getting my hopes up?

4) I'm currently in the process of looking for a new job so I can meet the Financial threshold requirements for the Spouse Visa, would me being only recently employed (maybe about a week or 2, have been with my current employer for over 10 years.) at the time of applying for the Visit Visa have an negative impact on the Application or as long as I can support him financially is all that matters?

Any help would be deeply appreciated, I do have some more questions but that's to do with the Spouse Visa Application which I will address nearer the time.

Thanks,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:15 pm

It really depends on his situation in Jamaica. If there are strong social and economic ties he may be granted a visit visa. Similarly, if you had a good salary in the UK, he may be granted a visit visa on that basis as, clearly, if he indeed had the intention to remain in the UK he could simply apply to settle rather than applying for a visit visa. If none of these conditions are in place you might struggle to get a visit visa but good luck.