ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence & Time spent as a family member(eea natio

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sameer2012

Long Residence & Time spent as a family member(eea natio

Post by sameer2012 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi all,According to new guidelines issued by UKBA on 8th November 2011

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

If we see on Page#27 It is mentioned that time spent as a family member/former family member does not count towards long residence.

However in the 3rd paragraph they mentioned the following

''However, you must apply discretion and count time spent in the UK as lawful residence for family members of EU or EEA nationals exercising their treaty rights to reside in the UK, providing they meet all the other requirements for long residence.''

If someone wants to apply for ILR on the basis of 10 years Long Residence and a part of his time was spent under eea regulation then If he wants to apply for discretion then what would be the steps to follow.
He should fill the SET(O) form ,attach 2 photographs,Life in Uk test notification and what else to claim a discretion.Or write a covering letter.
Please provide your valuable advices on this matter.thanks
SAMEER

fezz
Newly Registered

Post by fezz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi Sameer

I am in a similar situation as you, and was wondering if you got any further information on the matter ?

If so, please update me as well, as ti will be very helpful.

fezz

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:42 am

You may have to show that you are indeed a family member of an of EU or EEA national exercising their treaty rights to reside in the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

fezz
Newly Registered

Post by fezz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:59 am

Thanks vinny!
Just so that I am clear, you mean at the time of my application for ILR, I will have to show that I am still a family member of an EEA national, who has been exercising their treaty rights?
Also, do you know if UKBA would also like to check the fact that future, my relationship with the EEA national will continue or not ?

EEAslough
Newly Registered

this is vaid from dec 2012

Post by EEAslough » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi guys this is valid from dec 2012? check ast page- information owner http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

imran1u

Re: Long Residence & Time spent as a family member(eea natio

Post by imran1u » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Hello Sameer
Any updates from your application.
Could you please let us know.
Regards
Khan