ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1st British and change of address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aligul
Newly Registered

1st British and change of address

Post by Aligul » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:22 pm

Hi There. I have got British naturalisation certificate, Can i change my address before i apply for my 1st british passport. or should i get the passport and then change the address.

Does it effect the process if i change the address now.

really appreciate your help.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: 1st British and change of address

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:44 pm

Aligul wrote:Hi There. I have got British naturalisation certificate, Can i change my address before i apply for my 1st british passport. or should i get the passport and then change the address.

Does it effect the process if i change the address now.

really appreciate your help.
This post should give you a bit of an insight

ftse100

Post by ftse100 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:45 pm

What I have gathered from my experience that If you want to change your address then you need to change your bank details, DVLA, other bills before you make a Passport Application. Do not provide any temporary address or permanent address rather provide them with the address where you reside and that must be your address on DVLA, Bills etc- And please make sure that the address you provide, you must be able to receive your documents and post.

I hope I am clear.

Regards