ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are the spouses of Irish abadoned?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

assbc

Are the spouses of Irish abadoned?

Post by assbc » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:24 pm

I am just wondering why it takes so long to approve an application for spouse of Irish. I know of more than ten Irish spouseS who applied since 2011 and are still waiting for approval. Has any spouse of Irish got an approval lately?

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 pm

A friend of mine got approved recently and attended december ceremony as a spouse of irish citizen. she applied in 2010.
I believe, that the minister is trying to clear the older applications now, the ones that were kind of forgotten when all new applicants got their decisions in 6 months time.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Spouse of EU citizens have more rights and privileges in Ireland than Spouse of Irish Nationals.

1. Free Fees Education
2. Free Movement within the EU
3. 4EUFAM card.
4. Permanent Residence Card when divorced. etc

Spouse of Irish Nationals = None!

It sucks to be married to an Irish despite you have a connection with Irish!. What a discrimination by the Irish Government!
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.