ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I eligible to apply for naturalisation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kindle

Am I eligible to apply for naturalisation?

Post by kindle » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi Dear Everyone

I got my ILR in February 2012. I would like to apply for naturalisation (based on 5years wp/Tier2+1yearILR) in February 2013. I have some questions to ask the senior members.

1. After obtaining ILR due to some reasons I only had little work. That means I didn't pay enough tax. Can I apply for naturalisation in February 2013 if I still don't get a job by then?

2. I claimed child benefit recently but haven't got any reply. Will this affect my application for BC? I didn't claim Jobseeker's Allowance.

3. if the above will affect my application for BC, what shall I do next?

I will be grateful if somebody gives me some advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:20 pm

1. Being employed is not a requirement for BC naturalisation
2. Claiming benefits will not affect your application for BC naturalisation as you are allowed to claim benefits if you have ILR.

Requirements are to be physically in the UK exactly 5 years before you apply and to not exceed the absence allowance which is not more than 450 days in the last 5 years and not more than 90 days in the last 12 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kindle

Post by kindle » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Thank you very much for your reply CR001. But if I don't have a job, how can fill in the application form on Section 3: Good Character Requiremen3.1 What is your occupation?
3.2 Are you An employee? A business partner? Self-employed? A director?
3.3 Name of employer or business
3.4 Address of employer or business
3.5 Address of tax office or tax office referencet?

Can I leave them blank? Will the Home Secretary think I am not of good character? Does anybody have the same experience and succeed in their application?

Thanks a lot for any explanation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:47 pm

You write that you are unemployed. It will not be held against you. A housewife would write unemployed and there have been topics on the forum of success.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kindle

Post by kindle » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:02 am

Thank you very much CR001. I am confident of success now. By the way where can I see the topics on the forum? I have surfed the forum for the relevant topics but haven't got it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 am

They are generally contained within various topics but I can assure you being employed is not a requirement for naturalisation as it is for ILR.
Good luck with your app.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

kindle

Post by kindle » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:12 am

Thank you once again CR001 for your patience and goodness. Good night!