ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Paternity leave come under compelling & compassiona

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthikmsuk
Newly Registered

Does Paternity leave come under compelling & compassiona

Post by karthikmsuk » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:59 am

Hi,

Does Paternity leave come under compelling & compassionate Reasons.

In New form Set(o) section 6.2 absence , if we mention any absence as Paternity leave will this be taken as compelling & compassionate reason?

In my case i went for 27 days holidays in Jan/Feb 2010 & again took another 21 days in Nov 2010.This 21 days included both Annual Leave & Paternity Leave, Should i mention this as just Annual Leave or Annual leave + Paternity Leave.
If i mention Paternity Leave then will they ask any proof for that, like letter from employer?

Could some one please help me as i am going for PEO on Monday

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:02 am

To address the question of compassion, I think it depends on the circumstances. If your wife chose to leave the UK to have the baby, and you chose to follow her, I would suggest that is not a compassionate reason to be out of the UK. If your wife was not living in the UK, and you paid her a visit in her homeland, that might be compassionate. However, perhaps the issue of compassionate circumstances would only have significance if the absence was for a considerable period of time. In your case I don't think it really matters how you define this absence as it's such a short period.

karthikmsuk
Newly Registered

Post by karthikmsuk » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks Lucapooka
Lucapooka wrote:To address the question of compassion, I think it depends on the circumstances. If your wife chose to leave the UK to have the baby, and you chose to follow her, I would suggest that is not a compassionate reason to be out of the UK. If your wife was not living in the UK, and you paid her a visit in her homeland, that might be compassionate. However, perhaps the issue of compassionate circumstances would only have significance if the absence was for a considerable period of time. In your case I don't think it really matters how you define this absence as it's such a short period.