ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application-Application Forms with NCS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samrat_g

Naturalisation Application-Application Forms with NCS

Post by samrat_g » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:25 am

Hi All,

I applied my naturalisation application through NCS on 18th December based on five year residency. I also applied for my son using MN1 application form(December Version).

I have been in the country for the last 6 year(5year + 1 year ILR).

Something I didnot realise before the application was that the applicant should be present in the UK five years before the date when UKBA will receive the application, very basic but still I missed.

Considering UKBA would have received the application on 21st December 2012, on 22th December 2007, I was on my annual leave and outside the country. I came back to the UK on 1st Jan 2008 from my holiday.

Anyway, the NCS staff pointed out this to me and kindly agreed to withhold the application till the new year before sending to UKBA.

The AN form has been changed subsequently. I used the September 2010 version. Therefore, from UKBA point of view, I should have used the recent version, since the application will be received in the new year.

Do you see this to be a problem. Should I contact UKBA after they receive my application form, which I would presume to be on 7/01/2013.

Regards

samrat_g

Post by samrat_g » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:03 am

Any suggestion please. Regards

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:56 am

Hi Samrat

Try to contact NCS and ask them do you need to submit the new version form of AN.

They will advice you whether you need to submit the new version AN form or not.

Jaffar