ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graphic/web designer psw to tier 2 guidance much appreciated

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

divarien

Graphic/web designer psw to tier 2 guidance much appreciated

Post by divarien » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:29 am

Hi friends. I am currently working in a UK firm as a graphic / web designer. I am living under post study work visa which is due to expiry coming August 2013. I am aware that graphic design occupation is not under the shortage occupation list. But will I still be eligible for tier 2 general if I work for more than 6 months in the same firm? Does the employer still need to take up RLMT? Please help ?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Graphic/web designer psw to tier 2 guidance much appreci

Post by manci » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:42 pm

divarien wrote:Hi friends. I am currently working in a UK firm as a graphic / web designer. I am living under post study work visa which is due to expiry coming August 2013. I am aware that graphic design occupation is not under the shortage occupation list. But will I still be eligible for tier 2 general if I work for more than 6 months in the same firm? Does the employer still need to take up RLMT? Please help ?
You don't have to work in the same company for 6 months when switching from PSW to T2G, that rule has been abolished last April. RLMT is not required for PSW visa holders if they apply while they have valid leave.

What you have to watch for is that the job the company will sponsor you for is at level NQF6 and that they will pay the salary appropriate to the job SOC code. "Web designer" is SOC code 2131 with a minimum salary of £26k.

divarien

Post by divarien » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:32 am

Hi Manci. Thanks for your reply. I am afraid I won't be meeting that salary expectation. What if we take the SOC code for graphic designer which falls at NQF level 3 ? I would be able to meet the salary expectation but I think NQF level 3 is not enough ? Excuse me if I am wrong !

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:01 pm

divarien wrote:Hi Manci. Thanks for your reply. I am afraid I won't be meeting that salary expectation. What if we take the SOC code for graphic designer which falls at NQF level 3 ? I would be able to meet the salary expectation but I think NQF level 3 is not enough ? Unfortunately NQF6 is mandatory unless an exception applies, read para 64 in the T2 policy guidance. Try to see if there is maybe another job title in the SOC with a lower min. salary that fits what you are actually doing.
Excuse me if I am wrong !

divarien

Post by divarien » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Thanks Manci ! I am more clear now :-)