ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 Year Continuous Residence ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Klow

Post by Klow » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Is there anyone here applied for 14 years long residence just before the rules change in July got their ILR approved?

I can see lots of non-14 years applicants got their ILR approved, but I can't find anyone got approval that applied through 14 years rule.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:11 am

Klow wrote:Is there anyone here applied for 14 years long residence just before the rules change in July got their ILR approved?

I can see lots of non-14 years applicants got their ILR approved, but I can't find anyone got approval that applied through 14 years rule.

I applied for ILR under 14 year rule on 6 July, response received dated 23 July, received letter from HO dated 1 October received end of October stating application to be invalid because I hadn't signed and dated a page plus left out passport number, sent completed documentation back by registered mail, same day, received letter for Biometrics on 20 November dated 13 November, Biometrics registered 21 November, still awaiting response

Klow

Post by Klow » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Hopeful2 wrote: I applied for ILR under 14 year rule on 6 July, response received dated 23 July, received letter from HO dated 1 October received end of October stating application to be invalid because I hadn't signed and dated a page plus left out passport number, sent completed documentation back by registered mail, same day, received letter for Biometrics on 20 November dated 13 November, Biometrics registered 21 November, still awaiting response
OMG !!!
I sent it around the same date. So what did you do after you received the documents? Did HO give you time to complete the form and send it back to them? Or something else? Pls share.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:42 am

Klow wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote: I applied for ILR under 14 year rule on 6 July, response received dated 23 July, received letter from HO dated 1 October received end of October stating application to be invalid because I hadn't signed and dated a page plus left out passport number, sent completed documentation back by registered mail, same day, received letter for Biometrics on 20 November dated 13 November, Biometrics registered 21 November, still awaiting response
OMG !!!
I sent it around the same date. So what did you do after you received the documents? Did HO give you time to complete the form and send it back to them? Or something else? Pls share.

HO gave me time to complete form, except I received documents after HO cut off date - still completed documents and sent them back by registered mail with a letter stating that I had received documentation that day - their envelopes are not post marked - they sent me the biometric letter, I registered my biometrics the following day and am still waiting for them to write to me. Six months will be up on 6 January - hope they decide to give us all early Christmas presents and write to us soon with ILR ...

Klow

Post by Klow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:02 pm

HO sent me a letter 2 weeks ago to ask me to send them my pictures. But I did post it with my application, I wonder if they have lost it :?

I think tomorrow is the last day for Xmas delivery, good luck to both of us to receive early Xmas presents !

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:47 am

Klow wrote:HO sent me a letter 2 weeks ago to ask me to send them my pictures. But I did post it with my application, I wonder if they have lost it :?

I think tomorrow is the last day for Xmas delivery, good luck to both of us to receive early Xmas presents !

Looks like they are processing your application if they are asking for pictures etc. No Christmas surprise for me - am still hopeful though - the waiting is killing me!!

Klow

Post by Klow » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:58 am

Hi Hopeful2,

Have you had a good Christmas?

I've got no Christmas present from UKBA either :? Today is still bright, might receive New Year present instead? Well, we've got to stay optimistic.

I've got 2 weeks to go up to 6 months of waiting. Should I start contacting UKBA after that?

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:18 am

Klow wrote:Hi Hopeful2,

Have you had a good Christmas?

I've got no Christmas present from UKBA either :? Today is still bright, might receive New Year present instead? Well, we've got to stay optimistic.

I've got 2 weeks to go up to 6 months of waiting. Should I start contacting UKBA after that?
I had a good Christmas and New Year thank you very much and still have not heard anything - I hope you did too I must admit I am a little bit apprehensive now - why has it taken so long etc. and then I tell myself they would have asked for further clarification if they had any issues so ....

Re contacting UKBA I have decided to wait until end of January before making any contact with them - I think someone on this forum received their approval a couple of weeks after the six month mark so I continue to live in hope .....

missmykid
Newly Registered

Post by missmykid » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 pm

6mnths today now the wait begins.good luck everybody and all the best in everything.miracles happen

Klow

Post by Klow » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:08 pm

I've just past 6 months 2 days ago. I'd done biometric in 1st week September, H.O. asked for my pictures in beginning of Dec. Still waiting.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 pm

My six months was up on Sunday - still waiting - hope one of us is able to share good news on this forum soon .....
Last edited by Hopeful2 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

giolondon
Newly Registered

Sharing my joy with the forum

Post by giolondon » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:53 pm

Hello everyone I've decided to share my joy with everyone in this forum.I applied in long residence category 14 years(all spent in this country legally)all visas to support my application.First as student after that marry to a EEA national.Today I got from my solicitor a positive outcome.I've been granted indefinite leave to remain.I'm now waiting for my 3 passports to arrived by the post.Yeah 3 passports since 1998...Well here it goes the timeline....
Post application on 18/06/2012
Acknowlogdment letter dated on 20/06/2012
Payment by banker's draft
Biometric enrollment letter dated 16/10/2012
Biometric done on 23/10/2012
Biometric resident permit dated 07/01/2013
Biometric resident permit card received on 10/01/2012

So I'm still waiting for all my documentation to come back passports(3) and the all bunch of papers that I sent to them all my P60 and P45 marriage certificated joint account bank statements and bills.All the process took over 6 months.Almost 7 months.I think they are having a huge backlog of cases in there but even though they are processing pretty quickly.So be patience.Everything it's going to be all right in the end.And praise the Lord.

Hopeful2

Congratulations!!!

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Congratulations giolondon - I asked for good news and got it - I wish you and your family all the best. Your timeline gives me hope and God willing the rest of us should hear positive news from the HO by end of February. How was your BRP delivered? Was it by courier or by post and did you receive a letter from HO granting you ILR before you received your BRP? If it was delivered by courier did you have to show ID before you were given your BRP? If yes, what ID did you show. Please share this information with us - once again, all the best for the future.

Klow

Post by Klow » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:32 am

I received biometric enrollment letter AGAIN !!!

I've already done it in September, why they sent it again? So what should I do??? Should I just go and do another enrollment?

:?

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:03 pm

Hello Klow, I cannot believe this - first they lose your photos and now they ask for you to enrol your biometrics again? When you enrolled your biometrics they must have stuck a barcode on your letter along with your receipt - do you have this? I would take the current letter PLUS the first letter and barcode and receipt to the Post Office where you originally enrolled your details and ask them if they can help. Be prepared to enrol your biometrics again though - this is turning out to be quite expensive. I hope everything works out for you - keep your chin up - please let us know how you get on at the Post Office, good luck with this second enrolment.

giolondon
Newly Registered

Greetings everyone

Post by giolondon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Hello everyone.Today I went to my solicitor to get the rest of my documents.The UK border agency sent to me everything which they had to process my application along with 2 letters one informing that my application has been approved and the other one telling me about the implications rights or wrongs of holding a indefinitive leave to remain and what to do with biometric permit residence.Everything came by post I'm shocked about how quick it came.The decision was made on 07/01/2013 and on 09/01/2013 my biometric resident card was there waiting for me to be collected along with a letter and today 11/01/2013 the rest of the bunch of papers arrived by post.It was recorded delivery everything came from liverpool which the stamp was showing.I just went there today at my solicitor's office and collect the rest.So in less than a week I got all my documents along with BPR card and letter from Home Office telling about the good news.Well I wish you all the best.Regarding about registering biometrics I believe that between 8 weeks and 15 weeks after registering your information you get a response from Home Office.Thats the speed that is happening now.So don't worry everything is going to be fine.

Klow

Post by Klow » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi Hopeful2,

Sure, I have the P.O. receipt and the barcode. I will try your method. Hope they are not asking me to pay again :P

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:55 pm

Klow wrote:Hi Hopeful2,

Sure, I have the P.O. receipt and the barcode. I will try your method. Hope they are not asking me to pay again :P

Hello Klow, what happened when you went to register your biometrics the second time? Did they have your records in their system or did you have to re-register? Please share your experience. In the meantime, I am still waiting to hear from HO :( ...

Klow

Post by Klow » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi Hopeful2,

My brother & I applied through solicitor. They called HO about the 2nd Biometric enrolment letter on Monday and they found out that HO has mixed up mine and my brother's name. There are two case reference number of me in their computer system and none for my brother. So one of the Biometric letter is suppose for my brother.

My solicitor has made copies of all document with a cover letter to explain what is happening to our application and post it just now.

We were thinking why they were asking for my photos last month, may be they were going through my brother application, but they have see different face in the biometric enrolment???

Guess I'll have to wait for longer than you guys here.

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:46 pm

Hello Klow, I am glad you didn't have to re-register your biometrics. It is not good though that they have been confusing your application with your brother's - do you have similar first names? Anyway I hope your Solicitor's letter clears up everything so they can separate the applications and grant you ILR soon. At least now your brother knows what's going on with his application.

I applied directly myself to the HO so all correspondence is directed to me at my home address - lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best over the next month.

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Klow wrote:Is there anyone has got granted SET(O) 14 years for July application?
I submitted My application in July also and yet to receive a reply. My application was based on 14 years residence in the UK ( Illegally).

By the way when does the 6 month waiting start; Is it from when you receive the confirmation or when you send the biometrics.

Application with Payment by card posted - 07/07/ 2012
• Confirmation received - 16/07/12
• Sent Life in the UK test , in addition a new payment by cheque with covering letter from bank stating new card was issued as old card had expired - 08/08/12
• Cheque for £991 cashed - 31/08/2012
• Biometrics Invitation Dated - 06/09/12
• Biometrics letters received by Solicitors 12/09/12
• Biometrics received by Solicitors 13/09/12
• Biometrics sent 19/09/02

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:01 am

Hello lola56uk

I am confused me by the following:

Does this refer to the PO receipt and scanned sticker that was attached to the Biometric letter? I thought the Biometric results were sent directly to the HO by the PO and that the receipt etc. was for our records - that is what the lady who took my Biometrics said. Did your Solicitor send these to the HO? Is this something that we all have to do? Please advise as I did not send Biometric receipt etc. to HO.

Thanks

lola56uk

Post by lola56uk » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:16 am

Hopeful2 wrote:Hello lola56uk

Does this refer to the PO receipt and scanned sticker that was attached to the Biometric letter? I thought the Biometric results were sent directly to the HO by the PO and that the receipt etc. was for our records - that is what the lady who took my Biometrics said. Did your Solicitor send these to the HO? Is this something that we all have to do? Please advise as I did not send Biometric receipt etc. to HO.

Thanks

• Biometrics Invitation Dated - 06/09/12 ( This was the date displayed on the UKBA letter)
• Biometrics letters received by Solicitors 12/09/12 ( This was the day the solicitor sent an email and letter to inform me they had received my Biometric letter)
• Biometrics received by Solicitors 13/09/12 (apologies – This was when I received it from the solicitors )
• Biometrics sent 19/09/12 ( This was when I did the Biometric at a London post office )

The dates

Hopeful2

Post by Hopeful2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 pm

lola56uk wrote:
Hopeful2 wrote:Hello lola56uk

Thanks

• Biometrics Invitation Dated - 06/09/12 ( This was the date displayed on the UKBA letter)
• Biometrics letters received by Solicitors 12/09/12 ( This was the day the solicitor sent an email and letter to inform me they had received my Biometric letter)
• Biometrics received by Solicitors 13/09/12 (apologies – This was when I received it from the solicitors )
• Biometrics sent 19/09/12 ( This was when I did the Biometric at a London post office )

The dates

lola56uk thanks for explaining a little bit more - looks like we are all in the same boat i.e. we applied around the same time (give or take a day or two) and are still waiting for ILR and BRP from HO - I will update this forum as soon as I hear from the HO

Harik
Newly Registered

14 years ILR

Post by Harik » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi I'm new member. I thought I should post my timesclae.

Postal application on 18 Jun 2012
Acknowledgement on 20 Jun 2012
Payment taken on 19 Jun 2012
Biometric done on 20 Aug 2012

Waiting for decision....